FIGS is looking for an experienced Machine Learning Ops Engineer to help drive our Data Strategy forward. You will work hands on with a high performing Data Team within FIGS. Your main role will be to work on our data pipelines and platform to help operationalize and productionize Machine Learning at scale. This will involve defining and implementing technologies that enable Data Scientists to efficiently and performantly build, train, and deploy critical projects. We are looking for an individual who is curious, humble and eager to learn – which is the way we all approach the work we do. Our ideal candidate will be someone with strong experience developing and deploying production-quality machine learning frameworks, as well as experience with Software Engineering and Devops.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with data science and engineering teams to build and productionize Data Science and ML solutions
- Work with the Data Science Team on model selection, training, tuning, and performance optimization to solve a variety of business problems
- Develop appropriate automated tests, environments, and infrastructure to allow for easy deployments (Kubernetes, CI/CD)
- Build tools and products that will increase the productivity of the Data Science team ● Optimize our Data Pipeline to create more efficient access to our data
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other Technical/Engineering discipline
- Demonstrated experience in implementing Data Products using ML models, pipelines, and techniques
- Strong programming skills (Python, Java, Go, or Scala)
- Hands on experience with AWS or GCP Data infrastructure and Orchestration (Docker/Kubernetes)
- Strong knowledge of SQL in OLAP Data Stores
Bonus points for:
- Strong Software Engineering or Devops background
- Experience with E-commerce
Other must haves:
- Positive attitude
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Desire to excel and grow with FIGS
- 100% Awesome. Like our scrubs
A little bit about us…
The medical apparel industry is antiquated, highly fragmented and, until FIGS, was driven solely by low-cost providers offering a limited selection of poor quality products sold through third party distributors. FIGS is revolutionizing the medical apparel industry by creating the highest quality medical apparel in the world and by selling directly to medical professionals through our branded ecommerce site.
FIGS’ foundation is built on product quality, and we have a relentless focus on three key areas: fabric, fit and function. We developed our proprietary, performance-oriented fabric technology to meet the demands of the medical profession. FIGS’ Technical Collection fabric is wrinkle resistant, moisture-wicking, lightweight, breathable and offers four-way stretch. Our designs are tailored, sophisticated and innovative, incorporating features such as yoga waistbands, smart storage (pockets, zippers, hidden pockets) and inspirational sayings inside each garment that appeal to modern healthcare professionals.
By offering a branded and customer-centric online shopping experience, we are changing how medical professionals buy their workwear. Through our website, social media, and participation in medical conferences and events, we have built a strong following within the medical community and a meaningful connection with our customers, which allows us to understand their needs and to ensure that FIGS is continuously improving and innovating.
FIGS’ Threads for Threads initiative is central to our mission. FIGS has donated hundreds of thousands of scrubs to healthcare providers in need around the world.