Director of Inventory and Analytics at FIGS
The Director of Inventory and Analytics informs buying decisions using data and analytics. The ideal candidate possesses the passion to optimize inventory purchases and drive tangible business results using data, the analytical horsepower to solve a wide range and large number of merchandising questions quickly but effectively, the ability to flex around rapidly changing and often competing priorities, and an innovative drive to improve processes, tools and methodologies. This role will report into our Chief Merchandising Officer.
What You’ll Do:
- Discover and define business problems and apply quantitative solutions to impact the FIGS business
- Understand what drives consumer behaviors (marketing, trend, digital distortions and placements, pricing, promotions, inventory constraints)
- Utilize complex analytics to derive insights that drive merchandise strategy and inventory management across all categories of the businesses
- Build algorithms and leverage data to creative prescriptive analytics models to inform future buy strategies
- Manage core replenishment buys with a never-out-of-stock strategy and implement process around erosion and growth of an evolving core portfolio
- Manage in season inventory, balance sales and margin goals and maintain OTB and inventory flow tools
- Design and develop merchandising dashboards and detailed, segmented analysis to identify risks, opportunities and trends that maximize sales and mitigate risk
- Partner with data science, operations, merchandising, design and marketing teams to inform inventory forecasting methodology and evolving business needs
- 8-10 years experience in inventory planning, data or analytics
- Apparel experience strongly preferred
- Data obsessed required
- Consulting background in apparel preferred
- Experience managing a team
- Innovative and passionate
- Forward thinking and strong intellectual curiosity
- Strong leadership skills and highly collaborative
Other must haves:
- Proven work ethic and integrity
- Positive attitude
- Desire to excel and grow with FIGS
- Entrepreneurial spirit and egoless nature
- 100% Awesome
A little bit about us…
The medical apparel industry is antiquated, highly fragmented and, until FIGS, was driven solely by low-cost providers offering a limited selection of poor quality products sold through third party distributors. FIGS is revolutionizing the medical apparel industry by creating the highest quality medical apparel in the world and by selling directly to medical professionals through our branded ecommerce site.
FIGS’ foundation is built on product quality, and we have a relentless focus on three key areas: fabric, fit and function. We developed our proprietary, performance-oriented fabric technology to meet the demands of the medical profession. FIGS’ Technical Collection fabric is wrinkle resistant, moisture-wicking, lightweight, breathable and offers four-way stretch. Our designs are tailored, sophisticated and innovative, incorporating features such as yoga waistbands, smart storage (pockets, zippers, hidden pockets) and inspirational sayings inside each garment that appeal to modern healthcare professionals.
By offering a branded and customer-centric online shopping experience, we are changing how medical professionals buy their workwear. Through our website, social media, and participation in medical conferences and events, we have built a strong following within the medical community and a meaningful connection with our customers, which allows us to understand their needs and to ensure that FIGS is continuously improving and innovating.
FIGS’ Threads for Threads initiative is central to our mission. FIGS has donated hundreds of thousands of scrubs to healthcare providers in need around the world.