Director Database and Analytics (Aspire) at ServiceTitan
The Director of Analytics and Database has a primary responsibility of leading the data analytics and database functions of the organization, overseeing all activities and ensuring alignment with the business’s vision and objectives. The Director of Analytics organizes and assembles the resources, technology, and processes. The Director of Analytics and Database understands that information and data are key business assets and operationalizes the storage and application of data and information to deliver optimal performance. The Director of Analytics and Database is also a member of the product group management team and will influence data capabilities and competencies within the business.Responsibilities
The Director is responsible for the overall delivery of Analytic and Data Solutions for the organization as well as managing the underlying data environments to support both analytics and production systems. This includes the people, processes, and technology solutions needed for the creation, collection, and governance of data enabling the organization to realize the potential value of its data as an asset
- Lead and execute the analytics and data technology vision for the organization which includes strategy development, planning, and execution of the information data management road map
- Implement and maintain technology solutions to increase enterprise level analytic and data management capabilities, such as
- Business Intelligence Tools
- Data Warehousing and Data Engineering
- Data Transformation
- Cloud based Data Lake and Data Hub
- Data Governance
- Performance Monitoring
- Data Change Control
- Metadata and data lineage management
- Data Science/Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning
- Build out area structure and talent to support organization's increasing analytics and data needs, including role definitions and talent acquisition
- Provide leadership, development, and mentoring to leaders and associates through examples and timely feedback
- Align area strategies, responsibilities, and objectives with the organization strategic direction
- Lead the effort to establish and implement key analytic and data use patterns for the organization
- Work collaboratively to achieve objectives with other organization functions and business areas
- Lead and maintain effective communications and relationships with other divisions, vendors, and across areas
- Ensure prudent use of the organization’s resources
- Supervise and establish key measures for the area
- Day-to-day support of the Enterprise Data Hub and Data Warehouse and production databases
- Minimum of 10 years experience in Data and Analytic Systems technology. Five of those years to include hands-on experience in data and analytics. Five years experience responsibility for day-to-day support teams, two or more teams of people or projects concurrently
- Bachelor's degree required, degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering or Mathematics preferred.
- Executive leadership skills with the ability to provide direction, create a strong team environment.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills. Ability to communicate complicated technology solutions in simple language to non-technical leaders.
- Ability to create a strategy and influence senior management
- High-level interpersonal skills including people and project leadership ability
- A robust understanding of data and analytics development within an Agile framework
- Experience with cloud-based data solutions
- Understanding of analytics and data science processes, machine learning techniques and regression modeling
- Experience supporting existing SaaS environments, project leadership, designing technical solutions, implementations to production environments, process design, team building, mid and long-range planning, and resource allocation/leveling.
Be Human With Us:
Being human isn’t about checking every box on a list. It’s about the experiences we have, people we meet, and the perspectives we share. So, if you have the skills but are hesitant to apply because of your background, apply anyway. We need amazing people like you to help us challenge the conventional and think differently about the problems that we’re solving. We’re in this together. Come be human, with us.
What We Offer:
When you join our team, you’re not just accepting a job. You’re making a career move. Here’s how we’ll support you in doing some of the most impactful work of your career:
Flextime, recognition, and support for autonomous work: Flexible time off with ample learning and development opportunities to continue growing your career. We offer a comprehensive onboarding program, leadership training for Titans at all levels, and other programs and events. Great work is rewarded through Bonusly, peer-nominated awards, and Founders Club- open to all Titans.
Holistic health and wellness benefits: Company-paid medical, dental, and vision (with 100% employer paid options and 80% coverage for dependents), FSA and HSA, 401k match, and telehealth options including memberships to Headspace, Galileo, One Medical, Ginger and more.
Support for Titans at all stages of life: Parental leave and support, up to $20k in adoption reimbursement, on demand maternity support through Maven Maternity, free breast milk shipping through Maven Milk, pet insurance, legal advisory services, financial planning tools, and more.
At ServiceTitan, we celebrate individuality and uniqueness. We believe that the convergence of fresh perspectives and experiences from all walks of life is what makes our product and culture so great. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We do not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), genetic information, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.