Director - Data Analytics and Insights at SimplePractice
| Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:28 p.m. (PST) on Monday, March 9, 2020
Your passion is using data and research to understand and shape user behavior. One of your core competencies is transforming data into a story that informs both high level strategy and tactical decision-making. You understand the importance of integrating user research and analytics into a single, powerful set of actionable insights. You are excited by the opportunity to shape and grow our team, teaching them how to influence and inform strategy and decision-making across the company.
About the Job
SimplePractice is the future of practice management. We’re at the forefront of making it simple for clinicians to run and grow their practices and growing quickly. We’ve built the highest-rated practice management software and we’re on track to become the market leader.
We are looking for a Director of Data Analytics and Insights to build upon our existing data practice and use those insights to inspire creativity in other team members. You will lead both Data Science Analytics and User Research professionals as they use research and analysis to inform strategy and decision-making across the company (business operations, finance, marketing, product, engineering, customer support, and leadership).
- Set the vision and drive the overall roadmap for a team focused on measurement, analysis, visualization, and storytelling across data science analytics and user research
- Ensure analytics and insights are actionable for cross-functional teams
- Partner closely with product, engineering, and design teams to drive new insights and product ideas into the development lifecycle
- Manage, coach, and hire a team of data scientists for analytics and user research
- Take on the role of organizational thought leader for how to best use data and research insights to guide decision-making
- 8+ years industry experience
- Master’s degree or PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math, or related field
- 4+ years experience in leading, hiring and managing a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and take initiative. Ability to translate ideas and business requirements into business solutions
- Strong analytical skills; ability to analyze raw data, draw conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations
- Strong background/experience with ETL, data mining, statistical analysis, data processing with large amounts of data
- Strong understanding and ability to operate with SQL and modern data warehouses (Redshift, BigQuery, Snowflake, etc.)
- Experience with data visualization tools/dashboard development (e.g., Google Data Studio, Tableau, etc.)
- Thorough understanding of Master Data Management, Automated Data Quality
- Experience designing data warehouses, databases, & data schemas
- Experience working with data at a SaaS company
Nice To Have
- Understanding and ability to operate with systems and tools including Kafka, Pandas, Spark, TensorFlow, PyTorch
- Experience owning a data practice and implementing product roadmap(s)
- Personal interest in machine learning and AI systems
California Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at SimplePractice LLC (“SimplePractice” or “us” or “we” or “our”).
Please note that when you submit your resume or application materials to us for employment purposes, we may collect the following categories of personal information about you:
- Identifiers (e.g., name, address, email address, and phone number); protected characteristics (e.g., sex, gender, age, citizenship, disability status, and veteran status); professional or employment-related information (e.g., employment history, educational background, certificates and licenses, work eligibility information and other information obtained from your resume, cover letter, your responses to our application questions, background check forms, and your references); other personal records (e.g., signature, photograph, and criminal background information); and inferences drawn from personal information collected (e.g., creating a profile that reflects your abilities and aptitudes).
We collect the above categories of personal information for the following business purposes:
- To perform recruitment and hiring services; to manage the workforce; to comply with federal and state laws, and to maintain security (e.g., to detect and prevent against security risks and incidents, to prevent against fraudulent or illegal activity, and to ensure compliance with our company policies and procedures).
Read Full Job Description