***Please note – This Data Scientist would be working out of our Rancho Cucamonga, CA Office. In addition, Data Scientist would be trained at our Valencia, CA Headquarters.
We are seeking a Data Scientist who collaborates well with others, excels in meeting deadlines, and aims for perfection in quality. Scorpion is a full-service digital marketing & technology company that works hard to help our clients realize their goals and accomplish their vision. We partner with law firms, home services businesses, small businesses, franchises, and healthcare organizations to deliver an experience unlike any other. We believe that inspiration breeds confidence and innovation. Scorpion employees all share a common purpose to be the best in their field, strive to become thought leaders for our amazing clients and push marketing to the next level.
You will be responsible for creating fully automatable and intelligent models that enable internal systems to make sound decisions. Other responsibilities include:
- Building optimization engines that enable temporal bid/budget allocation across multiple dimensions.
- Developing machine learning models for predictive and prescriptive solutions that enable automated marketing campaigns.
- Validating production models and analyze the performance of existing models.
- Assessing the usefulness of new data sources, transformations, and modeling techniques.
- Mining large datasets in multiple databases to draw patterns and inferences to build models and arm our products with information that will enable continuous intelligent decisions.
- Creating algorithms that drive innovation and add significant value at the enterprise level.
Pay: Salary + Bonuses
WHAT TO BRING:
- Master’s Degree in Data Science, Statistics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, or other quantitative/hard science program required.
- 3+ years of experience utilizing SQL, Python, and R within your work environment.
- Must have a clear understanding/experience with data science techniques, such as cross validation, bootstrapped resampling, bagging, boosting and ensemble techniques with both homogeneous or heterogeneous base learning algorithms.
- An understanding of algorithm designs (i.e. brute, greedy, dynamic, genetic, simulated annealing, etc.)
EXTRA POINTS IF YOU DO:
- Experience with AWS Sage Maker or agile software development.