Data Governance Lead at ServiceTitan Inc.
As the Data Governance Lead, you will manage contextual and supporting data that’s necessary to bring critical data to life. You will be responsible for the catalog data assets to build a scalable approach and supporting practices to ingest this data and make it accessible to data consumers across the firm. You will also work with stewards across the firm, architects, and reporting services in orchestrating a plan to bring this data under management within the existing data governance infrastructure.
As our Data Governance Lead, you will:
- Establish and govern an enterprise data governance implementation roadmap including strategic priorities for development of information-based capabilities
- Inventory the contextual data that is used in support of critical data
- Evaluate how data is consumed, ensure metadata that is meaningful to various data consumers across the firm is collected and provided
- Develop a scalable approach to create, ingest and manage metadata following existing practices within the Business Intelligence Department.
- Educate business partners on how to meet standards and ingest contextual metadata
- Coordinate activities with Data Stewardship team which manages critical data
- Design and improve practices involving delivery of governance work product
- Create, foster, and enhance a delivery model through continuous feedback loops that ensures the above
- Work with internal and external business partners
- Develop plans and timelines that enable consistent development of contextual metadata
- Inventory data business units have and integrate its metadata capture and/or development into plans for the program
- Partner with our Business Intelligence team to coordinate acquisition of technical metadata and the use of a platform to ingest and manage metadata
- Engage with our Reporting Services teams to ensure effective and efficient use of data assets through the metadata provided
- Be responsible for scheduling and leading Data Governance Steering Group meetings
- Establish Data Governance Processes, Procedures, Guidelines, and Standards
To be successful in this role, you'll need:
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- 3-5+ years of experience working with how data is described and organized with business analysis and/or data quality methodology is applied
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with Tableau or other data visualization software
- Demonstrated experience in information technology and data governance related change management, required.
- Understanding of metadata and how it supports effective use of data assets
- Experience in developing effective workflows to ensure consistency and quality delivery, and advise Metadata Management on how we can leverage our technology assets
- Strong data analysis skills and content knowledge of Data Governance, Metadata Management and/or Data Management required
- Experience in leading a Data Governance Office
ServiceTitan is the world’s leading and fastest-growing software technology platform for the trades, a trillion-dollar global industry. We help small business entrepreneurs run and grow their businesses. For more information about ServiceTitan, visit www.ServiceTitan.com.
Perks & Benefits
1. Work/Life Balance: flexible work schedule, flexible PTO
2. Family-Friendly Benefits: extended parental leave, pregnancy support, 20k in adoption reimbursement, Snoo Smart Sleeper, back-up childcare credits, legal benefit, discounted pet insurance
3. Enrichment: ongoing learning culture with access to Linkedin Learning and professional development workshops, diversity charter groups, orientation program, career pathing opportunities, mentorship programs
4. Health & Wellness: company-paid medical/vision/dental/life insurance/disability, employer HSA contribution, free One Medical membership, care coordination support, 401(k) with company match, stipend for home office equipment/supplies, gym discounts, monthly cell phone stipend
Equal Opportunity Employer
ServiceTitan does not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), genetic information, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. At ServiceTitan, our mission is to help our Titans and customers achieve the extraordinary. We are an equal opportunity employer and we celebrate the diversity that each Titan brings to the table. We believe that the convergence of fresh, unique perspectives and experiences from all walks of life is what makes our product and culture so great - and there's always room for more.
CCPA Notice for CA Residents applying to Jobs at ServiceTitan
Please review the CCPA Notice here: ServiceTitan CCPA California Privacy Notice
Life at ServiceTitan
http://instagram.com/lifeatservicetitan | https://www.builtinla.com/company/servicetitan-inc | https://www.themuse.com/profiles/servicetitan