Data Analyst (Merchandising) at FIGS
The Data Analyst uses data and analytics to support all merchandising, buying and planning functions. The ideal candidate possesses the passion to deliver custom deep dive analyses and models; analyzing, mining and exploring data to identify the story, findings and recommendations that deliver actionable insights. This role will report directly into the Chief Merchandising Officer.
What You’ll Do:
- Utilize complex analytics to derive insights that drive merchandise strategy across all categories of the businesses
- Design and develop merchandising dashboards and detailed, segmented analysis to identify risks, opportunities and trends that maximize sales and mitigate risk
- Partner with data science, operations, merchandising, design and marketing teams to inform inventory forecasting methodology and evolving business needs
- 2-5 years experience in data and analytics
- Degree in statistics or related quantitative field
- 2+ years experience with SQL, Python and/or R
- 1+ years experience with data visualization tools (Tableau, Looker, Google Data Studio, etc.)
- Data obsessed
- Innovative and passionate
- Forward thinking and strong intellectual curiosity
- Strong leadership skills and highly collaborative
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Other must haves:
- Proven work ethic and integrity
- Positive attitude
- Desire to excel and grow with FIGS
- Entrepreneurial spirit and egoless nature
- 100% Awesome
A little bit about us…
The medical apparel industry is antiquated, highly fragmented and, until FIGS, was driven solely by low-cost providers offering a limited selection of poor quality products sold through third party distributors. FIGS is revolutionizing the medical apparel industry by creating the highest quality medical apparel in the world and by selling directly to medical professionals through our branded ecommerce site.
FIGS’ foundation is built on product quality, and we have a relentless focus on three key areas: fabric, fit and function. We developed our proprietary, performance-oriented fabric technology to meet the demands of the medical profession. FIGS’ Technical Collection fabric is wrinkle resistant, moisture-wicking, lightweight, breathable and offers four-way stretch. Our designs are tailored, sophisticated and innovative, incorporating features such as yoga waistbands, smart storage (pockets, zippers, hidden pockets) and inspirational sayings inside each garment that appeal to modern healthcare professionals.
By offering a branded and customer-centric online shopping experience, we are changing how medical professionals buy their workwear. Through our website, social media, and participation in medical conferences and events, we have built a strong following within the medical community and a meaningful connection with our customers, which allows us to understand their needs and to ensure that FIGS is continuously improving and innovating.
FIGS’ Threads for Threads initiative is central to our mission. FIGS has donated hundreds of thousands of scrubs to healthcare providers in need around the world.