Greater LA Area
Title: Healthcare Compliance Analyst
Department: Infrastructure, Security and Compliance
Hourly Rate/Salary: DOE
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Full-Time Entry to Midlevel Position
SimplePractice is the future of health and wellness practice management. We’re at the forefront of making it simple for clinicians to run and grow their practices and growing quickly. We’ve built the highest-rated practice management software and we’re on track to become the market leader.
We are looking for a Compliance Analyst with strong critical thinking skills who thrives in a fast-paced environment to support our growing Infrastructure, Security and Compliance Team.
Under the supervision of the Compliance Manager, you will be responsible for developing expert understanding of the SimplePractice application, providing excellent customer service to SimplePractice customers, and supporting an industry-leading security and compliance program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily compliance validation of new customers on the SimplePractice platform
- Serve as the primary liaison between the Compliance and Customer Success teams regarding HIPAA and other regulatory matters
- Work with the Compliance Manager to identify fraud patterns and develop internal fraud program
- Assist with the development of information security policies and procedures
- Actively assist with HITRUST and PCI certification efforts
- Keep up to date with relevant compliance changes and updates
- Administer and help maintain education solution for education, training and awareness programs at SimplePractice
- Work with the Compliance Manager to optimize the vendor management process
- Actively participate in the internal audit program and ensure compliance from all teams
- Work with the Compliance Manager to expand current risk management plan and implement appropriate changes
- Participate in the implementation of CCPA
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent), preferably with a focus on life sciences, healthcare, business, technology or STEM
- Ability to provide excellent customer support
- Quick learner with enthusiasm for healthcare compliance
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Motivated, enthusiastic and dependable self-starter
- Ability to work both individually and in a team setting
- Basic understanding of privacy and security terms
- Knowledge of productivity tools
- Prior knowledge of HIPAA, PCI, CCPA, GDPR or other regulatory frameworks
- Basic understanding of database technologies
- Interest in the health and wellness compliance space
We build software that helps health & wellness professionals run their private practice. We’ve helped thousands of professionals by offering intuitive, user-centric software that’s totally focused on running a business and helping patients. That’s what our customers care about so that’s all we care about. We know this because we value relationships and constantly speaking with customers is the only way to deliver a great product. We’re a growing startup founded by a successful entrepreneur who was a therapist himself at one point in his career.
California Job Applicant Privacy Notice
California Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at SimplePractice LLC (“SimplePractice” or “us” or “we” or “our”).
Please note that when you submit your resume or application materials to us for employment purposes, we may collect the following categories of personal information about you:
- Identifiers (e.g., name, address, email address, and phone number); protected characteristics (e.g., sex, gender, age, citizenship, disability status, and veteran status); professional or employment-related information (e.g., employment history, educational background, certificates and licenses, work eligibility information and other information obtained from your resume, cover letter, your responses to our application questions, background check forms, and your references); other personal records (e.g., signature, photograph, and criminal background information); and inferences drawn from personal information collected (e.g., creating a profile that reflects your abilities and aptitudes).
We collect the above categories of personal information for the following business purposes:
- To perform recruitment and hiring services; to manage the workforce; to comply with federal and state laws, and to maintain security (e.g., to detect and prevent against security risks and incidents, to prevent against fraudulent or illegal activity, and to ensure compliance with our company policies and procedures).
Read Full Job Description