Business Systems Analyst
Golden Hippo Media is a young, growing digital marketing company committed to helping everyone live their healthiest life. We create cutting edge health, wellness, and beauty products and work tirelessly to get them into the hands of the people who need them most — our customers. We’re growing fast, but our core values remain the same as when we were founded in 2010.
Golden Hippo Media is currently looking for a Business Systems Analyst who will be responsible for supporting critical fulfillment business applications, as well as evaluate and optimize systems and resources, manage re-engineering initiatives and ensure alignment with business growth objectives. This role will work with both business stakeholders as well as IS/IT counterparts to ensure that systems are operational, compliant, and meeting critical business needs.
HERE IS WHAT WE OFFER YOU
At Golden Hippo you have a chance to make an impact. You will have the opportunity to be creative, take initiative and grow. A career at Golden Hippo is more than just a job. It’s the chance to work among friends every day, to work and play hard, and to see the results of your work firsthand. We also offer:
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- Matching 401K plan
- Highly interactive work with a talented, passionate team
- UNLIMITED room for growth and results-based pay increases
WHAT YOUR DAY IS LIKE
- Administrate and support HighJump business applications used by the fulfilment function including solving for continuous improvements, automation and enhancements.
- Act as subject matter expert in identifying, evaluating and developing system requirements and procedures that are cost effective, meet user requirements and consider data quality requirements.
- Manage incoming support requests, help business users troubleshoot application issues and engage in problem determination, workaround resolution, and root cause analysis utilizing basic project management skills to deploy new solutions or functionality.
- Troubleshoot including escalation of more complex issues with software vendors.
- Develop and ensure standards and guidelines are applied and maintained across applications.
- Ensure that applications and related services are documented and current.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders.
- Acts as a business partner to the fulfillment function to fully understand their business, processes, challenges, gaps and areas where system solution or business processes would improve and enhance their performance and productivity.
- Works with cross functional teams to ensure an integrated business process
- Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business systems and processes as well as user needs.
- Documents requirements, defines scope and objectives, leads or supports projects to address business strategies.
- Collaborates with team members, both developers and subject matter experts, to analyze and document business needs and functional requirements.
- Successfully engages in multiple initiatives simultaneously under tight deadlines.
BEST CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- Bachelor’s degree in Management, Operations, Computer Science, Business, Information Technology, or a related field.
- 3-5 years’ work experience as a Business Analysis, business process mapping and requirements gathering.
- Is an expert user in all aspects of HighJump
- Demonstrated planning and coordination skills with development initiatives, with the ability to communicate effectively with non-technical staff and with members of interdisciplinary teams.
- Project Management experience a plus.
- Ability to work with multiple vendors and external partners.
- The ability to pick up new processes quickly and efficiently.
- Strong relationship, interpersonal, communication and business process skills.
- Understanding of change and release management.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; skillfully gather, analyze and document information
- Effectively handle sensitive and confidential matters
Golden Hippo is always looking for smart, driven self-starters who are excited to build a place for themselves in one of the most fun, exciting companies in Los Angeles. If you thrive on community and communication, learning from your failures, and embracing the unexpected, Golden Hippo just might be the place for you.