Do you love all things Data? Are you a believer in DataOps, windows functions, and democratized data? Do you want to be part of an innovative and modern data team? Then we want to talk to you. Our data infrastructure at FIGS is built on Fivetran, Snowflake, dbt, Looker, and several other tools. This collaborative role will continue to build out and improve our data pipeline, perform a wide range of formal and ad hoc analyses, and help internal business stakeholders make better, data-driven decisions.
What you’ll do:
- Build upon and document our common data framework so that all data can be connected, clean, and ready for analysis.
- Advocate for improvements to data quality, security, and performance that have a particular impact across all teams and the organization.
- Work cross-functionally with various teams, identifying data needs in order to build out a comprehensive analytics solution.
- Help to define and improve our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale data infrastructure. Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review, including testing, documentation, and reproducibility.
- Connect and analyze data from multiple sources to create dynamic reports, dashboards, ad hoc analyses, etc. to help business partners make faster and better insights, backed by data.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent work experience or education
- 2+ years experience in an analytics role
- 2+ years experience programming with SQL or other querying language (deep understanding is a must)
- 1+ years experience programming using Python, R, or similar language
- 1+ years experience with data visualization tools (Tableau, Looker, Google Data Studio, etc.)
- Experience using git and version control
- Desire to continually keep up with advancements in data (engineering, analytics, science) team practices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Bonus points for:
- Familiarity with dbt and Snowflake
Other must haves:
- Positive attitude
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Desire to excel and grow with FIGS
- 100% Awesome. Like our scrubs
The medical apparel industry is antiquated, highly fragmented and, until FIGS, was driven solely by low-cost providers offering a limited selection of poor quality products sold through third party distributors. FIGS is revolutionizing the medical apparel industry by creating the highest quality medical apparel in the world and by selling directly to medical professionals through our branded ecommerce site.
FIGS’ foundation is built on product quality, and we have a relentless focus on three key areas: fabric, fit and function. We developed our proprietary, performance-oriented fabric technology to meet the demands of the medical profession. FIGS’ Technical Collection fabric is wrinkle resistant, moisture-wicking, lightweight, breathable and offers four-way stretch. Our designs are tailored, sophisticated and innovative, incorporating features such as yoga waistbands, smart storage (pockets, zippers, hidden pockets) and inspirational sayings inside each garment that appeal to modern healthcare professionals.
By offering a branded and customer-centric online shopping experience, we are changing how medical professionals buy their workwear. Through our website, social media, and participation in medical conferences and events, we have built a strong following within the medical community and a meaningful connection with our customers, which allows us to understand their needs and to ensure that FIGS is continuously improving and innovating.
FIGS’ Threads for Threads initiative is central to our mission. FIGS has donated hundreds of thousands of scrubs to healthcare providers in need around the world.