Data Scientist, Revenue Analytics
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
Snapchat is the camera used by over 150 million people every day to Snap with family, watch Stories from friends, see events from around the world, and explore expertly curated content from top publishers. In short, we are a passionate team working hard to build the best platform in the world for communication and storytelling.
We’re looking for a Data Scientist to join Team Snapchat! You will be tasked with creating inventive, data-based approaches to solving difficult business problems. Working from our Venice, CA headquarters, you’ll collaborate with the Revenue Product and Product Marketing teams to transform business questions into solutions backed by data analysis.
What you'll do:
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and presenting data to identify and convey key product trends and opportunities
- Partner with the Product and Engineering teams to define and address key product questions
- Translate insights into valuable product and business recommendations
- Build and maintain reports, dashboards, and metrics to monitor the performance of our products
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years of experience performing product-oriented quantitative analysis, preferably for a social media and/or mobile technology company
- BA/BS in Math, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, or other quantitative field
- Advanced technical degrees preferred, or MBA with demonstrated technical experience
- Experience working in a data-focused role at a consumer or enterprise technology company
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Ability to communicate the results of analyses in a clear and effective manner
- Fluency in SQL, Excel, and Python
- A basic understanding of statistical analysis, as well as experience with packages such as R, MATLAB, etc.
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected]