Quality Assurance Specialist, Customer Care at Collectors (Greater LA Area, CA)
Collectors is the leading creator of innovative technology that provides value-added services for collectors worldwide. We grade, authenticate, vault and sell millions of record-setting collectibles, all while modernizing and digitalizing the process to further our mission of helping collectors pursue their passions. We’re always on the lookout for talented people to join our growing team.
Our services span collectible coins, trading cards, Funko Pops!, video games, event tickets, autographs, and memorabilia. Our subsidiaries include PSA, PCGS, WATA, Card Ladder, Goldin, and the Long Beach Expo collectibles trade show.
Since our founding in 1986, we have graded and authenticated millions of items. We employ more than 1,700 people across our headquarters in Santa Ana and offices in Jersey City, Seattle, Hong Kong, Paris, Shanghai, and Tokyo.
We’re looking for a Quality Assurance Specialist to join our Customer Care Team to help train and motivate representatives to improve the quality of their interactions with customers they talk to over the phone and message online. This role will work directly with managing Customer Care for the Collectors family of brands. They will actively look for ways to hire, train and motivate top talent to deliver world class customer care. They will work to develop the company’s Customer Care Representatives to be successful in their jobs through regular audits of their work.
The candidate selected will report to the Assistant Manager of Customer Care and work a hybrid schedule from our Santa Ana office.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with Customer Care Assistant Manager to achieve the goals for the department
- Actively listen to representative calls and review online correspondence to customers
- Schedule feedback meetings or send emails to representatives for STAR & STAR-AR updates
- Responsible for the training and coaching of new and existing employees
- Assign and delegate tasks and duties
- Research and resolve customer concerns, complaints, and pending issues
- Answer customer inquiries in person, on the phone, and through email
- Look for ways to improve process and give representatives the tools they need to be successful
- Display empathy for customer concerns and handle escalated situations in the best interest of the company and customer
- Follow pending items until they are resolved by contacting corresponding employees and/or departments
- Build customer rapport through an understanding of the ‘collector’ experience
- Contribute daily to team success by displaying a positive attitude when assisting customers and other employees
- Follow and supports company policies and procedures
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred and/or 4+ years Customer Care/hospitality experience
- 1-2 years of experience training and leading a team
- SalesForce experience required
- DialPad, Google Docs, Ring Central, Zendesk, Navision, Slack experience is preferred
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos; ability to write correspondence. Fluency in other written and spoken languages is a plus.
- Ability to understand and relay company policies and procedures
- Excellent oral and written communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings
- Be able to focus on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things
- Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; works well in group problem solving situations
- Bending neck
- Hand Use
- Lifting up to 25 lbs
- Carrying up to 25 lbs
The hourly range for this position is $26. Entry level operations positions generally start at an hourly rate of $17. Actual compensation in this range will be based on a variety of non-discriminatory factors, including location, job level, prior experience, and skill set.
Reasons To Join Us:
- Health Insurance: All full-time employees are eligible to enroll in Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(K) Matching Plan: We are proud to offer a competitive 401k matching plan to our employees to support their future financial goals
- Vacation: All full-time employees are eligible for paid vacation
- Holiday Pay: All regular, full-time employees are eligible for ten company paid holidays
- Employee Discounts: Employees receive discounts on select grading services for approved submissions
- Flexible Hours: Many of our teams offer flexible schedules with varying shifts and will work with you to accommodate your needs
- Fun Working Environment: Our team members are invited to participate in celebrations, holiday events, and team building activities
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
Collectors may use e-verify to validate your ability to work legally in the United States.
We are aware that there are instances where individuals are receiving job offers that fraudulently allege to be from Collectors or one of our business units. This type of fraud can be carried out through false websites, through fake e-mails claiming to be from the company or through social media. We never ask for personal information such as your bank account, Social Security numbers or National IDs, nor do we send or request payments for the purchase of business-related equipment. If you suspect fraud, please reach out to [email protected].
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We believe that a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills will better service the diverse community of collectors we support.
If you require an accommodation to apply or interview with us due to a disability or special need, please email [email protected].
If you are based in California, you can read information for California residents by viewing the following link: https://www.collectorsuniverse.com/ccpa
Explore other available openings at collectors.com/careers.