Video Content Production Manager at Core Digital Media
- Develop video calendar, strategies, and roadmap to support evolving business needs in collaboration with stakeholders across Product, Design, Marketing, and Social.
- Own the full scope of video content creation from ideation to budgeting to publishing and QA for the team, sourcing freelancers (if needed) and effectively delegating work.
- Produce video assets from start to finish — think scriptwriting, storyboarding, filming, editing, voice overs, sourcing b-roll, etc.
- Ensure all video assets produced adhere to brand, style, and quality standards and effectively bring clarity and context to personal finance decisions.
- Manage and mentor your direct report through regular 1x1s, effective goal setting, professional development plans, and open feedback.
- Track progress and measure impact of videos to inform your decision-making and recommendations for future planning and production.
- Grow the breadth of video themes, types, and formats that the team can produce.
- Stay on top of shifts in video trends and best practices to inform our KPIs, direction for videos, etc.
The ideal candidate can:
- Do it all — pitch, storyboard, write, shoot, edit — but knows how and when to prioritize and delegate to ensure the team hits production goals without sacrificing quality.
- Build and implement effective solutions to challenges as they arise.
- Distill complex financial topics into digestible, accessible takeaways for the viewer — and optimize for a variety of platforms and audiences.
- Effectively and clearly communicate with all levels of the organization on all things video — from getting buy-in for new concepts to having crucial conversations when viewpoints don’t align.
- Organize information from a variety of stakeholders to turn around high-impact video campaigns that drive key business results.
- At least 2 years of producing and video editing experience at a publisher, media organization, production studio, or similar for YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Experience owning video creation from start to finish, with a portfolio of your most relevant video projects to demonstrate what you can do. (Hint: Product demos, whiteboard explainer videos, educational how-to's are relevant. Commercials and films are not.)
- Ability to effectively tell a compelling story via words, animation, graphics, and video
- Proficiency using editing software such as Final Cut Pro X, Adobe After Effects or Adobe Premiere.
- Experience leading people and mentoring a team
- Experience working with user-generated and influencer videos as well as TikTok and Snapchat
- Experience and working knowledge of personal finance topics
- Experience as on-air talent and comfortable hosting or starring in videos, should the need arise
- An understanding of journalism best practices, SEO, and AP style
What to do in order to apply:
- Send your resume and cover letter. Be sure to include a link to your portfolio and direct us to at least 3 of your most relevant (to this job!) videos. (Hint: Ensure they are representative of projects you've taken lead on and driven from start to finish)