Tech, Fitness, & Home Merchandising Director at FabFitFun, Inc.
Our Merchandising team is expanding! As we continue to evolve as a premiere Women's lifestyle membership, we are consistently trying to push the needle and find the latest and greatest products for our 1M+ members. We are looking to grow our reach within the tech, fitness, and home verticals. We are seeking an additional Merchandising Director to build out one of the dedicated categories for our cult-favorite seasonal subscription box and corresponding e-Commerce flash sales.
Reporting to our VP, Merchandising this person will be at the cutting edge of the latest home & lifestyle trends, products, and brands with a proven track record of negotiating and finalizing complex deals. The ideal Director-level candidate will have experience managing a team within a multi-brand environment, and the ability to interpret consumer insights data to propel trend forecasting.
Tech, Fitness, and Home are trending categories for our product offerings at FabFitFun. In your cover letter, please highlight how you would leverage your rolodex within a specified category and approach strategy as you continue to expand and elevate our relationships with brands in the space.
What You'll Do:
- Partner with our current tech, fitness, or home lead to scale the vertical and manage the specified category merchandising team
- Source high-end items in the tech, fitness, or home category for our seasonal box and related e-Commerce sales
- Structure deals and lead negotiations with brand partners and vendors which incorporate FabFitFun’s capabilities, including box sampling, custom editorial and media content, product development / licensing, and events
- Oversee the creation of tailored presentations for brand partners demonstrating our value propositions
- Collaborate with our Merchandising Strategy and Consumer Insights team to use trends and knowledge about the competitive landscape to develop a strategic vision for potential new brands and product lines
- Work closely with our Operations team and buyers on shipment and product related issues
- Project manage brand campaigns with our Marketing and Editorial teams
What You'll Bring:
- 8+ years in multi-brand management and/or merchandising, e-Commerce/subscription model experience preferred
- Strong rolodex with existing contacts and relationships in the contemporary tech, fitness, or home space required
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in Sales, Communications or Marketing)
- Confident negotiating complex deals with vendors while securing products at cost
- Strong management experience building, leading, and managing high performing teams
- Exposure overseeing a P&L and/or working alongside a Merchandising Planner preferred
- Previous experience with licensing and product development a plus!
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills, and the ability to work collaboratively throughout an organization and across cross-functional teams
What You’ll Get:
- Be a part of one of the fastest growing companies in the US that is revolutionizing e-Commerce
- Ability to customize and elevate products and brand offerings in the tech, fitness, or home landscape to our FabFitFun subscribers
- Amazing benefits including medical, dental, vision, FSA, and 401k
- Unlimited PTO
- Free FabFitFun subscription and and quarterly credit in the Add-Ons store
- Catered meals, kitchen stocked with great snacks and drinks