Sr. Seasonal Editor at Slickdeals
Slickdeals is the largest deal-sharing community on the internet and we’re set for a year of record growth. We are looking for a Senior Seasonal Projects Editor to help us continue that growth and scale again in 2020. This role is an integral part of the Publishing group and will collaborate with our Director of Content to run editorial for all our major tent poles dates - everything from Valentine’s Day to Prime Day.
- Create and run the evergreen editorial calendar as it pertains to major shopping days and significant deal
- Commission and edit SEO-rich content from freelance writers that meets Slickdeals high editorial
- Coordinate content creation across verticals to ensure a robust editorial offering for every tentpole
- Act as the liaison between SEM, ad sales and Content to ensure Publishing is meeting business
- Collaborate on strategy to hit Content’s KPIs and own reporting for your
- Owning audits for all editorial content, including updating or redirecting low-performing articles.
- Conduct keyword research and coordinate with the SEO team to ensure we're using best practices for all facets of SEO, including
- Work with the product team to ensure seasonal content is utilized in a way that helps us maximize its value and rank on page 1 in search
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Detailed-oriented editor with a passion for deals, online shopping and e-commerce
- Track record of working successfully across departments and hitting KPIs
- Team player who enjoys collaborating
- 5+ years in digital media editing content
- Track record in successfully hitting KPIs
- Ability to collaborate and project manage across multiple teams
- Fluent in Google Analytics and SEO best practices
- Slickdeals user
- Experience creating branded/sponsored content for a digital brand
- Highly preferred big brand and/or online retail site experience (i.e. Ebay/Amazon/Groupon/Target)
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States.
Slickdeals is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Slickdeals will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the “Ban the Box” legislation. We may access publicly available information as part of your application.
Slickdeals does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies and is not responsible for related fees.