How You'll Contribute...
- Come up with new research concepts for B2C brands, based on industry gaps and opportunities with the current news cycle
- Own and preserve the narrative from conceptualization through the content development lifecycle. Guide and mentor data analysts, writers, designers, and developers on what the end product should look like
- You really enjoy reading and editing a wide variety of content. You’ll be deeply involved in almost every piece of research we create
- Assist with editorial calendar management for all of our B2C brands
- Act as a spokesperson for media requests (written quotes, radio/TV interviews) on research you’ve led
- Process development. This is a relatively new team, so there are opportunities to increase visibility into our workflow and implement best practices for project management
- Indirect people management (on a project level). Depending on performance and company growth, this role would likely have multiple direct reports (full-time and freelance)
What We're Looking For...
- 8+ years experience in journalism, B2C marketing, or public relations for B2C companies
- 3+ years leading teams on a project level
- Proven ability to think strategically, yet highly comfortable getting in the weeds as needed
- Exceptional storyteller with excellent communication skills, specifically with communicating research ideas & direction to cross-functional team members
- High attention to detail with the ability to edit spelling, grammar, and visuals (charts/graphs)
- You’re a problem solver who takes risks and makes decisions quickly, while managing a ton of moving parts
- You’re obsessed with maintaining high standards of quality and meeting the needs of our “customers” (consumers and journalists)
- B2B experience is a plus
- You have a background in data journalism, working with diverse research methodologies like survey development and government data set analysis
- Foundational knowledge of SEO
- Experience leading a team of direct reports
- Comfortable with basic statistical principles
Life at Centerfield...
- Competitive salary + quarterly bonus
- Unlimited PTO – take a break when you need it!
- Industry leading medical, dental, and vision plans + generous parental leave
- 401(k) company match plan – fully vested day 1
- Outside patio overlooking Playa Vista + cabanas, firepits & working grills
- Monthly happy hours, catered lunches + daily food trucks
- Award winning culture & unprecedented team spirit (featured in LA Business Journal & Built In LA)
- Fully stocked kitchens with snacks & drinks
- Breakroom supplied with games, couches, workout equipment + weekly in-office exercise classes hosted by professional instructors (yoga, kickboxing & circuit training)
- Free onsite gym + locker rooms
- Paid charity and volunteer days (local mentor programs, adopt a pet, beach cleanup, etc.)
- Monthly team outings (ball games, casino night, hikes, etc.)
- Career growth – we enjoy promoting from within!