Seniority Level: Mid-Senior
Location: Remote or Long Beach, CA
About the role and about You:
We are looking for a Producer, Live Operations to join our Live Operations team at Zwift.
The charter of Live Operations is equal parts incident management and operational improvement. You will coordinate efforts across the entire organization that ensure the stability, availability, and quality of Live Operations at Zwift.
You will lead incident response and management, champion monitoring and alerting across the service, understand data trends and drive reporting, own planned maintenance coordination and communication, understand and document all possible vectors for Live Health impact, and drive change across the organization to fix problems in any of these areas.
What you'll do:
- Design and implement Live Operations practices for the Product Development organization, including incident response, return to service, and long term improvements to mitigate or remove potential constraints
- Foster deep partnerships across the organization including Product Development, Customer Support, Broadcast, Marketing, and Infrastructure, ensuring that each group has visibility and accountability needed around maintaining the Live Service.
- Quantitatively measure operational success across multiple metrics, and create reports to visualize trends over time.
- Evolve visualization of the state of the live environment and related services, and leverage it to increase awareness and improve collaboration across the organization
- Schedule and facilitate recurring checkpoints at an appropriate cadence to surface and solve issues around the Live Operation
- Communicate the status of outages, incidents, and other live event support activities across the organization
What we’re looking for:
- 2+ years of experience supporting live service games or SaaS environments and applied expertise in Live Operations practices
- Knowledge of how to integrate live operations support into cross-functional teams using agile and lean development approaches
- Demonstrable experience with supporting live operations within a distributed development organization
- Enthusiasm for video games, cycling, running, and other active lifestyles
- A Zwifter or familiar with the platform
- Technical expertise in IT, InfoSec, Engineering, or other software development related discipline
- Esports events or other live online event expertise
How to stand out among the rest:
Your resume/CV is enough to show off your skills, accomplishments, and experience. However, if you choose to include a cover letter introducing us to your awesome personality, we will read that too.
Of course, we are nothing without our values. Our values ground us. They ensure we run and build a company where people love to work, feel like they are welcomed, included, and belong. Only then can they thrive and do their best work. The values we strive to live every day are:
- Make It Fun
- Elevate Teammates
- Cultivate Our Community
- Always Level Up
- One Zwift for All
We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Zwift is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected].
Zwift, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.