Hi, We're Centerfield.
Centerfield is a cutting-edge digital marketing and sales technology company headquartered in the heart of Silicon Beach with additional offices in New York, Boston, Florida, and Jamaica. Our growing organization continues to impact the AdTech space by providing end-to-end customer acquisition services and analytics for our high-profile clients, while also successfully tailoring every step of the customer's shopping experience.
How do we do this? Centerfield develops intelligent Big Data driven marketing and sales technology which drives more than two million sales each year for brands such as AT&T, Sprint, ADT, Spectrum, and CenturyLink. Our technology platform, Dugout, combined with our leading consumer guides and 1500 person sales and retention center deliver new customers at scale to top residential services, business services, and telecommunications brands worldwide.
We’re always interested in expanding our team with top talent. Our creative work environment allows for innovative ideas and encourages a collaborative team culture... make sure to check out our perks below!
Centerfield is looking for a Newsletter Editor to spearhead the relaunched newsletter for our flagship B2B site, Business.com. The Editor will be charged with refining the editorial strategy, developing a distinctive language and style, and creating and managing production processes to meet targeted KPIs,
We view newsletters as a crucial medium for reaching today’s digital audience and a key avenue for us to expand our audience and brand. The rebuilding and rebranding of this newsletter is a crucial element for our ability to connect with the millions of business owners who read our site every day. Our audience is made up high-level business leaders who are looking for authoritative, engaging content that makes them smarter.
Our team is a collaborative unit made up of entrepreneurs at heart – come join us and help build our next big success!
How You'll Contribute...
- Write, edit, and produce bi-weekly newsletter
- Manage the work of staff and freelance contributors
- Identify, book, and interview business leaders and newsmakers
- Work with VP of Content to develop newsletter strategy and style
- Work with Marketing team on newsletter promotional strategy
- Track performance analytics and adjust strategy accordingly
- Pitch ideas for future growth
What We're Looking For...
- 3-5 Years editorial experience, preferably with some focus on business-oriented content
- Experience and strong understanding of how to create audience-focused content in a newsletter format
- Demonstrated ability to write and edit with distinctive brand style
- Excitement for email newsletter as a distinctive content product.
- Familiarity with digital and email audience analytics.
- A fountain of ideas and a love of building new things
- Experience working in a business-oriented content role.
- Demonstrated experience growing a newsletter audience.
- An entrepreneurial spirit.
Life at Centerfield...
- Competitive salary + quarterly bonus
- Unlimited PTO – take a break when you need it!
- Industry leading medical, dental, and vision plans + generous parental leave
- 401(k) company match plan – fully vested day 1
- Outside patio overlooking Playa Vista + cabanas, firepits & working grills
- Monthly happy hours, catered lunches + daily food trucks
- Award winning culture & unprecedented team spirit (featured in LA Business Journal & Built In LA)
- Fully stocked kitchens with snacks & drinks
- Breakroom supplied with games, couches, workout equipment + weekly in-office exercise classes hosted by professional instructors (yoga, kickboxing & circuit training)
- Free onsite gym + locker rooms
- Paid charity and volunteer days (local mentor programs, adopt a pet, beach cleanup, etc.)
- Monthly team outings (ball games, casino night, hikes, etc.)
- Career growth – we enjoy promoting from within!
To learn more, visit us Here.
Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
Centerfield Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.