At GoodRx, we believe that all Americans should have access to convenient and affordable healthcare. As a nation, we spend about $3.5 trillion annually on our healthcare, but too many Americans struggle to get the care they need, and prices just keep rising. Our marketplaces for prescription medicines and telehealth have helped Americans save $25 billion since 2011. GoodRx is a public company; we're based in Santa Monica with additional offices around the country. We're a low-key and tight-knit group that likes to find new ways to fix big problems. If you share our belief that you can do well by doing good, let's talk.
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company and industry. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
About the Role
We’re looking for a Health Editor, Updates to build a best-in-class process for updating our full catalog of high-quality content, with a clear strategy for maintaining and growing traffic to our editorial pages. Project management skills are a must, as is familiarity with CMS platforms, SEO, UX, and content promotion. Strong line and copy editing skills are also critical, as is a willingness to pitch in to keep the editorial pipeline moving smoothly. You will work with a wide range of in-house and freelance writers to ensure that our healthcare decision resources are helpful and current for a wide audience of readers.
The right candidate will be excited about maintaining and enhancing our content to help empower people with information and tools to make critical healthcare choices. They will have a keen eye for editorial and user experience details, creativity in problem-solving, and a dedication to high-quality standards.
This position sits on the GoodRx Editorial and Research team, which consists of a cross-functional group of editors, economists, data analysts, and healthcare professionals who consistently work with colleagues across GoodRx to make our processes and projects ever better.
- Build a process for regularly maintaining and updating content, from review to editing to publishing
- Collaborate with the editorial, SEO, and promotions teams to identify and prioritize update opportunities
- Review existing articles, metadata, and multimedia assets and provide recommendations for optimizing pages for traffic and other business goals
- Work with the design team to ensure that the updated articles have a fresh look
- Manage the updates pipeline, working with writers on 10-15 articles per week
- Review and incorporate suggestions from our medical review team on individual pages and overall updates strategy
- Establish regular audits and processes to groom and maintain existing content
- Assist other editors with line-editing, copy editing, or fact-checking, as needed
Skills & Qualifications:
- 4-5 years experience as an editor, preferably as a journalist or otherwise writing consumer health-oriented content
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, or equivalent
- Outstanding writing, grammar, and editing capabilities
- Experience working with an in-house style guide and editing according to company voice, style, and tone
- Ability to write and edit content based on SEO best practices
- Ability to research, interpret, and explain health and medical information to a general audience
- Comfort with content management systems, Google Analytics, and SEO tools
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Eye for detail and the ability to work independently
- Ability to thrive on fast-paced teams and turnaround projects on deadlines
- A passion for making an impact in real people’s lives with meaningful content and information
GoodRx is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse work environment and believe that an inclusive, multicultural, and diverse team makes us better at helping the people we serve. We recognize that GoodRx is powered by the passion and dedication of our employees, and support recruitment, employment, and growth regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected statuses as required by law.
GoodRx is America's healthcare marketplace. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for affordable prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast, as well as a telehealth marketplace for online doctor visits and lab tests. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved $25 billion using GoodRx and 15 million consumers visit goodrx.com each month to find discounts and information related to their healthcare. GoodRx is the #1 most downloaded medical app on the iOS and Android app stores. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com.