At GoodRx, we believe that all Americans should have access to convenient and affordable healthcare. As a nation, we spend about $3.5 trillion annually on our healthcare, but too many Americans struggle to get the care they need, and prices just keep rising. Our marketplaces for prescription medicines and telehealth have helped Americans save $25 billion since 2011. GoodRx is a public company; we're based in Santa Monica with additional offices around the country. We're a low-key and tight-knit group that likes to find new ways to fix big problems. If you share our belief that you can do well by doing good, let's talk.
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company and industry. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunities to excel.
With that said, research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. GoodRx is committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage women, people of color, and those in the LGBTQ+ communities to apply for positions even if they don’t necessarily check every box outlined in the job description. Please still get in touch – we’d love to connect and see if you could be good for the role!
We’re looking for a technically savvy and innovative editorial operations associate who is passionate about supporting processes that help teams run smoothly and produce high-quality deliverables at scale. This individual will build and improve on processes that enable our team of editors, content strategists, writers, and production staff to create first-in-class content that helps inform and drive healthcare decision-making for consumers.
In this role, you will help develop documentation and training materials, build and streamline workflows, review timelines, and conduct performance analyses to identify opportunities where we can make our production pipelines more efficient. In addition to supporting existing staff, you will manage onboarding processes for new hires across our different content areas and functions. You will also support the editorial team by building reports that give the team greater visibility into how we’re balancing workloads across requests from internal and external stakeholders and provide recommendations for communication and process improvements.
This position reports to the Director, Content & Operations on the Research team, an interdisciplinary department of editors, data and policy analysts, clinicians, promotions experts, and content strategists.
- Establishing timelines for projects with the Editorial team, including coordinating concurrent workflows and helping to prioritize external requests
- Regularly reviewing operational performance and creating reports to help surface areas that could be streamlined
- Identifying workflow issues, communicating expectations, and collaborating with team members to find scalable solutions
- Dissecting our existing processes and providing/executing on recommendations for optimizing collaboration and alignment across the team Formalizing a system for managing our editorial documents and other assets Helping to facilitate team meetings, including topic brainstorms, project kick-offs, and post-mortems
- Managing our onboarding process and developing training guides for internal staff, as well as freelancers
- Managing communications and documentation between the Editorial team and other company departments including SEO, IT, human resources, and accounting
Skills and Qualifications:
- Project management (PMP) certification
- 4 years in project management roles with increasing responsibility
- Experience working in a digital publishing environment is a plus
- Adept at refining processes and building workflows
- Expertise in Asana and/or other project management tools and software
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, adapt in a fast-paced environment, and prioritize workloads
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain strong, collaborative relationships across different team members
- A knack for anticipating operational needs and jump in with support, as needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
GoodRx is America's healthcare marketplace. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for affordable prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast, as well as a telehealth marketplace for online doctor visits and lab tests. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved $25 billion using GoodRx and 15 million consumers visit goodrx.com each month to find discounts and information related to their healthcare. GoodRx is the #1 most downloaded medical app on the iOS and Android app stores. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com.