Director of Production at Relativity Space
The Factory Development team at Relativity Space owns our fully autonomous additive manufacturing factory. In the Director of Production role, you will be reporting directly to the Vice President of Factory Development in order to develop innovative strategy and tactics around our Stargate 3D printers, as well as building out the production and automation team.
Relativity's goal is to revolutionize aerospace manufacturing through 3D printing and automation. The Factory Development team is responsible for developing and automating our 3D printing capability in pursuit of rapid and reliable production of our Terran launch vehicles. On a day to day, you will be creating tools for measuring our production processes (such as an ERP system,) creating a closed-loop feedback to further improve upon our technology. You will also be recruiting, managing, and developing a team that will help us in building out this next generation rocket factory. This team will encompass a wide range—from our operators, to engineering and technicians.
Overall, you will be the main owner of the revolutionary manufacturing process and production of launch vehicles using industry leading automation techniques to minimize the touch labor, lead-time and cost while maintaining the highest levels of reliability and safety.
Ideally, you should have come from a fast-paced production environment and has demonstrated strategic planning and tactical execution at an innovative company. You are someone who thrives in ambiguity, is able to lead their own projects into completion, and managed teams of varying sizes to complete difficult projects while collaborating effectively with other key groups.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- An undergraduate or graduate degree (BS/MS/PhD) in engineering or similar discipline
- 5+ years of demonstrated technical management and leadership experience
- Knowledge of complex hardware manufacturing, production, and/or supply chain processes
- Hands on experience with hardware and software automation
- Track record of building and managing a team with diverse skill sets and successful production product delivery
- Solid interpersonal skills to interact with both internal and external groups to overcome associated constraints
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Experience with metallic additive manufacturing
- Hands on experience with implementing an ERP/MES system for aerospace hardware
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.