Digital Media Producer at Relativity Space
Team and Role Overview
At Relativity, we are redefining the way rockets are designed, built and flown. Starting with our proprietary and cutting-edge 3D printing technology, we aim to simplify and automate the manufacturing of rockets. This revolutionary approach enables us to make launch vehicles faster and more cost efficiently, allowing us to offer cost-efficient and short lead-time launch services to customers.
We’re looking for a talented and creative Digital Media Producer to join our rapidly growing launch services company. You will be part of Relativity’s growing Creative & Marketing team, which creates and delivers marketing, communications, design and brand strategy and vision. This role will support with enhancing and maintaining the Relativity brand through the creation of visually stunning photos and videos for use on social media, websites, and marketing materials. This role will be responsible for the day-to-day photography and videography needs, producing cutting edge content highlighting our technical updates and milestones, and executing on both pre-production and post-production.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives
To support our mission of building the future of humanity in space, as Digital Media Producer, you will shoot, edit, and prepare photo and video content to support storytelling, increasing brand awareness, and to support campaigns and initiatives. You’ll partner closely with our technical teams and their projects to document historic progress, company milestones, and team events. You’ll shoot b-roll packages, short interviews, and manage the video libraries and video channels. This role will be responsible for the set-up, usage, and maintenance of photo and video equipment, lighting, sound and rental needs. You will keep on top of relevant industry trends and understand the competitive landscape to best highlight Relativity products, testing progress, manufacturing methods and our intelligent robotics. You’ll help us rig our test stands and set up robot enclosures, all to capture the perfect shot. You’ll also occasionally travel to conferences and events, to our test site at the Stennis Space Center in Mississippi and to our Launch Sites from coast to coast to further document our growth and progress.
You are a team player with experience in the aerospace industry, or willing to learn about the industry, who is passionate about storytelling, taking incredible photos of people and hardware, and capturing stunning videos that support a greater brand and vision. You are organized and motivated with the ability to set schedules and guide teams before, during and after shoots. You thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment, which requires a high level of creativity, rapid execution, and solid project management skills. You are capable of managing the day-to-day photography requests, source support and rent equipment as needed, and take ownership of the creative vision and execution.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- Degree in photography or related field, and/or 2-4 years’ experience in photo production - conceptualizing, shooting, and editing b-roll, short films, interviews, etc.
- A strong portfolio/reel showcasing your passion for film, an ability to tell engaging stories, and the technical prowess to craft flawless and innovative content
- Fluency in technical aspects of filmmaking and post-production, including camera equipment, lighting, lensing, lighting, grip equipment, sound mixing, color correcting, and finishing
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite and industry standard editorial tools such as Premiere Pro, After Effects, Final Cut, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Excellent time management and problem solving skills
- Strong visual eye and attention to detail
- Ability to manage complexity, working both independently and as part of a team
- High creativity and strong sense of aesthetic
- A positive attitude with a proactive and collaborative approach
- Willing to travel to our different office and site locations
- Willing to work flexible hours based on project needs
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.