Pluto TV, a ViacomCBS company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
The Pluto TV Creative Services team, an arm of the marketing department of the fastest-growing free streaming television platform in the world, is seeking a Copywriter.
This position works closely with the Director, Creative Services and other key Marketing and interdepartmental partners to conceptualize, develop and deliver creative copy for communications in line with Pluto TV’s strategies for user growth, retention and other KPIs.
The copy you write will be used in the following assets and deliverables:
- Campaign Copy (print, digital, video scripts)
- Email Newsletters
- Product Features
- App Store Copy
- Banner Ads
- On-Air Promo Videos
- Print Materials (posters, signage, other marketing materials)
- And much more
You are a born storyteller, with a keen understanding of streaming entertainment and popular culture, as a whole. Can you give us 30 James Bond puns? Can you tell us 10 reasons why The Nanny is on par with The Godfather? Can you do both of those things simultaneously, while watching cat videos? The Pluto TV Copywriter needs to be creative and hard-working, plus able to switch tasks at a moment’s notice and understand changing priorities.
You will work with an innovative and collaborative team of writer-producers, designers and project managers to bring projects as varied as million-dollar brand campaigns, on-air promos and employee event newsletters to life. Most importantly, you will also play a major role in developing the tone, manner and voice of Pluto TV, a platform that reaches over 50 million people around the world.
- Conceive, develop and write materials that effectively communicate company objectives in creative and compelling ways
- Develop innovative ways to hit the brief; capture the audience’s imagination, tell the story and deliver a clear, actionable message
- Work with writer-producers to develop video scripts
- Work with Product Marketing leads to communicate new features and improvements to Pluto TV users
- Work with Growth Marketing leads to develop copy for placements on major advertising platforms
- 3-4 years experience in copywriting, content creation, and creative marketing, preferably for an agency or entertainment brand
- Experience writing copy for direct marketing / user acquisition, retention and CRM tactics
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Excellent task management skills
- Ability to work in both independently and as part of a collaborative environment, as assignments dictate
- A self-starter who can see a project through from ideation to execution
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.viacomcbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to [email protected] Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.