Content Manager at Centerfield
Centerfield drives more than two million sales each year for residential services, business services and telecommunications brands such as AT&T, Charter Spectrum and Frontier Communications. Our technology platform, Dugout, and leading consumer guides engage with in-market consumers to help them purchase the right product or service, including internet connections, TV plans, phone, and security, for their home and business
The Consumer Guides team at Centerfield Media is looking for a Content Manager to join our growing organization. The Consumer Guides team at Centerfield builds web sites that consumers love, such as BroadbandNow.com, where anyone can find and compare local internet service providers.
The Content Manager and Editor should be passionate about writing, editing and producing a ton of content – whether it’s working with our in-house analytics team to produce a data-driven report, editing a freelance article on a highly technical or niche topic, or authoring a guide that helps consumers make an important decision. Importantly, this position should have proven results of taking a complex social, political, economic or technical topic – and produce something that others love – such as being noticed by an important technical journal or going viral in the press.
Centerfield has been awarded a Los Angeles Best Places to Work 2014-Present, and named one of Inc5000’s Fastest Growing Private Companies. Located at the heart of Silicon Beach in Playa Vista, Centerfield has built its company culture around a fun work environment and participation in charitable events. See more at http://www.centerfield.com/
Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Create best-in-class content related to one or more of the following topics - internet access, media consumption, social and economic equality, tech troubleshooting, home services.
- Work with data scientists, subject-matter experts, designers and developers to publish content.
- Develop and pitch creative ideas to senior management on new content.
- Manage and edit freelance work for production-level quality content.
- Two or more years in writing or similar experience required.
- Proven, published content portfolio for review.
- Ideal candidates will have produced interactive and/or video content in addition to written content.
- Ideal candidates will have been a content/creative leader for a site or initiative, with proven ability to pitch novel ideas.
- Ideal candidates will have produced content in conjunction with data scientists or subject-matter experts, and/or developed position/opinion content on important social issues.
- Ideal candidates will have published pieces on their own with content management software.
- Ability to work in a demanding and fast paced environment
- Ability to multi-task in a demanding customer oriented environment
- Positive attitude towards service while managing difficult situations
- Competitive salary + profit sharing bonus
- Unlimited PTO - Take a break when you need it!
- 401K company match plan – fully vested day 1
- Free lunch
- Award winning culture & unprecedented team spirit
- Fully stocked break rooms with drinks & snacks
- Free onsite gym & weekly in office exercise classes (yoga, kickboxing & circuit training)
- Generous parental leave
- Paid volunteer days
- Monthly team outings (Ball games, happy hours, hikes, etc.)