Channel Editor (News & Opinion) at Pluto TV (Greater LA Area, CA)
Pluto TV, a ViacomCBS company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin. ViacomCBS creates entertainment experiences that drive conversation and culture around the world. Through television, film, digital media, live events, merchandise and solutions, our brands connect with diverse, young, and the young at heart audiences in more than 180 countries.
Overview & Responsibilities:
Working for the Programming Team, the Channel Editor, News, Sports, & Opinion is responsible for applying their understanding of what viewers want in order to curate and program content for several of the channels on Pluto TV. This role reports to the Programming Manager.
Specific Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Working with our proprietary Content Management System (CMS), implementing a strategy to program and schedule channels.
- Review and analyze data to create a story to support the execution of programming and scheduling channels.
- Review and select content based on strategy, performance, and need within the channels managed.
- Knowledge of best practices in metadata creation and copywriting.
- Crafting appropriate assets that follow the current events of the news world.
- Monitoring and delivering push notifications.
- Potentially working weekends, holidays, or evening hours.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned.
We believe the right individual will have the following skills and experience in order to be successful in this role:
- 1+ years direct experience programming within a digital or traditional media environment
- 1+ years working with data
- Knowledge of and interest in the entertainment media landscape
- Attention to detail.
- The ability to pick up proprietary program scheduling software
- Experience working with databases
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.viacomcbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to [email protected] Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.