At GoodRx, we believe that all Americans should have access to convenient and affordable healthcare. As a nation, we spend about $3.5 trillion annually on our healthcare, but too many Americans struggle to get the care they need, and prices just keep rising. Our marketplaces for prescription medicines and telehealth have helped Americans save $25 billion since 2011. GoodRx is a public company; we're based in Santa Monica with additional offices around the country. We're a low-key and tight-knit group that likes to find new ways to fix big problems. If you share our belief that you can do well by doing good, let's talk.
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company and industry. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunities to excel.
With that said, research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. GoodRx is committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage women, people of color, and those in the LGBTQ+ communities to apply for positions even if they don’t necessarily check every box outlined in the job description. Please still get in touch – we’d love to connect and see if you could be good for the role!
About the Role:
We have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Editor who is passionate about the power of information online to shape healthcare decision-making. This role will best suit someone who is driven to connect everyday people with a variety of needs and interests to content that is smart, useful, and error-free. This individual will join a team of editors, designers, as well as SEO and promotions in producing a first-class editorial experience around healthcare, medications, drug pricing, and insurance.
In this role, you will be responsible routinely for line-editing for clarity and accuracy, as well as the occasional structural edit when necessary content is absent. You will also ensure that all copy is reviewed for accuracy, clarity, grammatical integrity, and formatting consistency. You’ll work closely with editors and freelancers on various assets, including long-form articles, infographics, charts, data tables, whitepapers, and landing pages, and you’ll collaborate with team members to solve problems and increase efficiency in our editorial processes.
This person will not only have an obsessive attention to detail, but drawing from superior organizational skills, can self-manage and prioritize projects. They’ll also be a team player, making corrections and suggestions in a way that keeps everyone motivated to meet deadlines while creating the best content possible. The ideal candidate will have healthcare editing experience in areas such as drug information, medicine, insurance, and/or healthcare news.
- Line editing and copy editing content produced by the GoodRx Research team
- Fact-checking materials to verify accuracy of information, data, and claims
- Maintaining style guide and brand standards across all published pieces
- Preparing and formatting drafts to hand off to our production team
- Providing assistance when needed for copy suggestions
- Communicating across teams to deliver quality projects on time
- Contributing ideas that strengthen our editorial process and improve on the accuracy and efficiency of our high-volume monthly production calendar
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of two years of editing/proofreading experience at a digital publishing company
- Superior command of the English language, not limited to spelling, grammar, and usage
- Experience editing science, healthcare, or medicine content for a consumer audience Spanish language medical writing skills are also a bonus
- Working knowledge of AP Stylebook, AMA Manual of Style, and/or The Chicago Manual of Style
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to meet quick deadlines in a high-volume environment
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and simultaneously handle multiple projects with high attention to detail
- Extremely detail-oriented, organized, and self-motivated
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
GoodRx is America's healthcare marketplace. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for affordable prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast, as well as a telehealth marketplace for online doctor visits and lab tests. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved $25 billion using GoodRx and 15 million consumers visit goodrx.com each month to find discounts and information related to their healthcare. GoodRx is the #1 most downloaded medical app on the iOS and Android app stores. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com.