Mashable is seeking an entrepreneurial minded Account Executive to drive continued advertising sales growth through the delivery of multimedia marketing solutions to global brands and their agency representatives. As a Mashable AE, you will be expected to analyze the needs of advertising partners and present them with a unique blend of interdisciplinary offerings to most effectively connect with an influential audience. Successful candidates will have a strong understanding of cross-platform journalism, branded storytelling, and macro-level trends in digital media. It is expected that incoming Account Executives will have an active network of client/agency relationships and a proven track record of using effective communication strategies to accomplish organizational goals. This is a fabulous opportunity and an excellent environment for someone looking to join a fast growing, innovative, and dynamic digital media organization.
The Day to Day
- Generate new sales leads through prospecting and understanding of advertiser business challenges
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients & advertising agencies
- Serve as a trusted consultant with partners consistently bringing them creative, solution oriented ideas and products to meet their business challenges
- Effectively organize, prioritize, and manage multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment
- Develop, maintain, and manage a strong sales pipeline to ensure sufficient opportunities exist to meet revenue goals.
- Effectively manage cross department internal communications
- Be able to track, analyze, and communicate performance of advertiser campaigns
- A minimum of 3 years of related work experience, ideally in the digital media industry
- A keen ability to see opportunities, understands needs, create relevant solutions, set proper expectations and close meaningful deals
- A detailed knowledge of online media planning terms and KPIs
- Demonstrated record of success in a fast-paced, goal-oriented sales environment
- Dynamic, flexible, hard-working attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must
- High level of organization with good attention to detail
- Strong multi-tasking abilities
- Strong project management and negotiation skills
- Proficiency with SalesForce and social media platforms
- Knowledge of social media
- Passion for news, entertainment and current events, and knowledge of the media industry
Mashable is a media and entertainment company for superfans. We’re not for the casually curious. Our proprietary Velocity technology suite gives us the unique ability to combine creativity with data. Our entertainment series and editorial coverage are smart, clever, ambitious, in-depth and first. We devour culture and tech. Our ideas shape the future and we speak to new influencers -- the early adopters who obsess with us around the globe.