VP, Financial Planning & Analysis
Disrupting the one-size-fits-all utility model, Inspire’s groundbreaking smart home subscription seamlessly combines personalized clean energy plans with best-in-class smart devices. Using the Inspire app, members can self drive their smart homes from anywhere, and select automated settings to use less energy while earning rewards. Inspire strives to make every home a smart home, powered by clean energy. Inspire’s mission is to drive forward a brighter energy future by simplifying consumer adoption of clean energy and smart home technologies. Through continual innovation and scaling of connected device interoperability; clean energy supply, generation and storage; and intelligent, decentralized grid services, Inspire is building the world’s first fully-integrated clean energy company.
Launched in January 2014, Inspire homes have used the clean power production equivalent of 121 wind turbines since inception. Driven by a team of mission-driven Avengers in Philadelphia and Santa Monica,, Inspire prides itself on a culture of ownership, teamwork and stalwart obsession with “crushing it!”
As the VP of Finance, you will support the strategic and financial management of business including forecasting, strategic planning & budgeting, financial modeling, investment analysis, and reporting. Your primary goal will be to ensure the company has the resources and iterative model to meet their aggressive growth targets.
- Leadership: Lead the financial planning and analysis function and interface with the leadership team
- Financial Strategy: Synchronize operating and financial strategy, ensure effective capital structure, manage to budget, and lead forecasting and strategic planning process
- Capital Markets: When needed support the process of raising equity and debt capital
- Reporting: Support all financial reporting to executives, directors & investors
- Business KPIs: Partner with Business Intelligence to develop dashboards to track the business and inform strategy
- Accounting: Partner with accounting team on implications of structuring products and managing risks through hedging and use of derivative instruments, emphasizing customer acquisition and customer LTV, creating deep customer engagement & interaction, and software development & R&D
- Models: Develop real time and excel based models for a consumer mobile/web, subscription based technology company
- Risk Management: Monitor use of credit, support insurance and liability strategies
- Tax Planning: Evaluate Inspire’s tax strategy for optimization and manage tax compliance
- Systems: Direct future development of and manage Inspire’s financial planning systems and financial reporting applications
- 10+ years of progressive finance experience at high-growth environments
- Strong preference to a candidate who has experienced a PE or VC backed company, including exposure with investor / board level presentations
- Experience in consumer web / mobile and software. Does not need to be most current position, but a fair amount of time in industry is required
- Experience developing and implementing financial management and budget control systems
- Experienced with deal structuring and contract negotiations
- Experienced with BI data environments & EPM tools
- Conversant in US GAAP accounting rules & US tax structures
- Experience with financial aspects of direct to consumer models including segmentation & targeting, acquisition & retention (LTV), pricing & revenue (RPU) and conversion reporting & analytics
- Experience developing dashboards and key metrics to track the business and inform strategy
- Can work effectively in an emerging business; be hands-on and not require support staff to be effective
- Bachelor’s degree is required; MBA is highly preferred, but candidates without one are still in consideration. CPA is not required
Culture & Perks
Inspire’s culture balances the serious nature and tone of a professional company with the move-fast-and-execute tone of a rapidly growing emerging tech company. We believe in working hard and producing, but doing it in a positive and friendly environment where collaboration is rampant.
Inspires calls its employees Avengers. It’s a team out to even the score on behalf of the common man, to challenge the status quo and confront apathy and old-world bureaucracy. Every Avenger lives for the mission: To build the world’s most consumer-focused clean power platform and inspire a connected moment towards a brighter energy future. Avengers are scrappy, restless, humble and committed to balancing passion with purpose and profit.
Inspire Energy offers competitive compensation and equity packages, plus benefits such as health, vision, life, and dental insurance. And you want a standing desk? You got it.