Realty Mogul launched in 2013 with one mission: simplify real estate investment by connecting real estate entrepreneurs and investors through cutting-edge technology. We have built a disruptive new business by creating a leading online, crowdfunding, capital markets platform within the traditional real estate industry. Today we are a leading online real estate capital marketplace, offering commercial equity and commercial debt products nationwide, educating our investors, and building a company that will change real estate investing and financing forever.
We are currently looking for a VP, Finance who is an intelligent problem-solver with a strong sense of ownership. This position reports to the CEO and is a full-time position in our LA Office. This individual will have leadership responsibility to oversee the financial management of the business including budgeting, financial modeling, strategic planning, treasury, tax, corporate investor relations, financial partner management, and corporate reporting.
What You'll Do:
- Build and Grow an FP&A function
- Financial strategy – plan capital structure, budgets, pricing, compensation planning, synchronize operating and financial strategy to include building financial analysis from scratch for strategic decision making
- Business metrics / financial reporting – oversee all financial reporting to executives and corporate investors; develop dashboards and key metrics to track the business and inform strategy
- Financial Modeling – develop financial models for the business as well as all real estate investment entities/vehicles. Develop forecasting systems – both process and technology
- Fundraising – manage the process of raising equity (Series C) and debt capital (warehouse lines of credit and venture debt)
- Treasury Management – cash management for warehouse lines and maintain banking relationships for lines of credit
- Tax planning – domestic & tax strategy
- Prepare all financial analyses of operations for the guidance of management
- Lead and manage planning and processes of actual, budgeted and forecasted plans on a monthly, quarterly / annual basis to support attainment of the Realty Mogul’s objectives and goals
- Responsible for the company's financial plans and policies, the conduct of its relationships with financial institutions, the maintenance of its fiscal records, and the preparation of financial reports
- Manage and lead corporate investor relations efforts through interface with shareholders and potential investors. This includes financial presentations to the board of directors
- Computes and records corporate reconciliations, quarterly projections and manages the preparation of board material
- Participate in the preparation for additional rounds of corporate financing
- Work with executive team to set KPIs
- Interface with board and executive leadership
Who You Are:
- 10+ years of progressive finance experience; 5+ years of managing a finance staff
- Experience in real estate private equity finance is the core focus of the search. We are open to fintech or lending as well
- Knowledge around real estate, lending, financial compliance and regulation, capital markets and investment vehicles, warehouse lines of credit, etc.
- Expertise in developing models, creating and implementing financial management and budget control systems, equity and debt capital raising experience, GAAP accounting rules, deal structuring and contract negotiations. Candidate must have master level Excel and PowerPoint skills and the ability to model strategic scenarios
- Experience developing dashboards and key metrics to track the business and inform strategy.
- Can work effectively in an emerging stage business; should still be hands-on and not require support staff to be effective
- Experience in real estate and/or real estate finance; strong preference to a candidate who has experience at an emerging technology company
- Bachelor’s degree is required; MBA is highly preferred, but candidates without one are still in consideration