Hyperloop One is seeking a UI/UX Designer to contribute to our future high speed transportation system that will change people’s lives by creating designs for operator control systems and customer facing applications. You’ll work closely with other designers, product managers, and developers to create solutions to users’ problems across the web, iOS, and Android.
At our heart, we’re a startup seeking someone who can work end-to-end through the entire design process, from discovery, problem definition, information architecture, and interaction design to pixel-pushing the UI, prototyping, carrying out light-weight user testing, and prototyping. We understand that your skillset will be stronger in some areas and weaker in others, but you need to contribute at every step of the product design process. If you're a designer first and you don't mind wearing lots of hats, you’ll have a blast.
Ultimately, we will design reliable, scalable, real-time (or near-real time) applications that make Hyperloop One a reality. We are seeking candidates with various levels of experience to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals at our Los Angeles facility.
- Collaborate with product, engineering, and other team members to scope, prototype, design, build, user test, and release software and communication material to users.
- Communicate design direction for solving users’ problems from concept to implementation.
- Coordinate and develop a complex Information Architecture for our operator control station.
- Design intuitive experiences to expand passenger’s travel horizon that equally balances wow-factor and usability.
- Create graphical redlines and requirements for software development teams.
- Ability to present your work, as well as articulate and receive written and verbal feedback in English.
- Comfortable working in a global team committed to remote collaboration across time zones.
- Confident, productive, and comfortable working with autonomy.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language and visuals.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Background in graphic design or another visual design field.
- Portfolio that demonstrates examples of thoughtful and well-executed product and visual design.
- Experience with the design thinking process including effective ideation, prototyping, user feedback and implementation.
- Experience doing UX studies and using user-centric design practices to design products.
- Experience with designing responsive web pages and adaptive iOS and Android applications.
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Expereince in using Adobe products.
- Expereince in creating content using rapid prototyping tools.
- Expereince maintaining and extending a front-end design system or style guide.
- Experience designing in an agile software development environment.
- Experience in transportation, mobility, and control systems.
- Expereince with Git and GitHub workflows.
Hyperloop One is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Hyperloop One will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the “Ban the Box” legislation.