Software Engineer - Services, Encryption and Integration
The Software Engineer with Services, Encryption, and Integration will be part of the Software Engineering Function. This person works to implement an all-encompassing solution for user identity management, encryption key management, and permissions across a cloud and embedded software architecture.
Ultimately, we will design reliable, scalable, real-time (or near-real time) applications that make Hyperloop One a reality. We are seeking candidates with various levels of experience to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals at our Los Angeles facility.
- Develop, implement, and optimize the identity management and permissions processes.
- Help design identity management specifications.
- Integrate Hyperloop systems with other third-party identity authentication services.
- Support the creation and maintenance of architecture diagrams and design specifications to aid development, test and maintenance.
- Keep a customer focused mindset, prioritizing developer productivity and application uptime.
- Champion processes and procedures across the organization.
- Help maintain both agile and waterfall environments with safety critical and safety related systems.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language and visuals.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Understanding of SOLID coding principles and software life-cycles.
- Understanding of performance tools, metrics and benchmarks.
- Working proficiency and excellent communication skills in verbal and written English.
- BS or MS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent field.
- Proven industry experience building and maintaining cloud solutions, with a focus on identity management.
- Proven experience in cloud and server development.
- Expert in identity management development and delivery – including LDAP, SSO, and third parties such as Google and Facebook.
- Expert in user and role based permissions on extensive cloud networks.
- Successfully delivered and maintained a major cloud service with large numbers of end users.
- Expert in key management and security.
- Experience with agile methodologies.
Hyperloop One is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Hyperloop One will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the “Ban the Box” legislation.