Welcome to Viant!
For over 21 years, Viant has been a leader in digital advertising, transforming the way marketers connect their brands with consumers. Our industry-leading software, Adelphic, is used every day by the world’s premier brands and agencies to plan, execute and measure the success of their programmatic advertising campaigns. With a culture built on our key company values of Live, Lead, Create and Figure it Out, we’re serious about investing in our employees and are dedicated to creating an inclusive and collaborative environment. At Viant, you’ll have the chance to make a big impact at an exciting time in our company’s history – we’re growing fast on the heels of our recent IPO. If you’re a strategic thinker and creative problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced industry, we want to hear from you.
About the Role
As VP, Corporate Development for Viant you will play a leading role in building an M&A strategy that aligns with corporate objectives, developing theses and strategic rationale for both opportunities in our core markets as well as in adjacencies, cultivating relationships with a broad ecosystem of investors, advisors, and executives, negotiating, and executing transactions, and partnering our acquisition integration team in post-acquisition integration. Reporting to the CFO, this role will support the CFO and the Executive Team and work cross-functionally across product, business development, sales, marketing, and customer success teams to lead all Corporate Development activities across the organization.
Location: Orange Country, CA, or Los Angeles metro area preferred
What You'll Be Doing
- Determine and pursue Viant’s M&A priorities based on corporate strategy, product vision/objectives and roadmap.
- Identify, scope, lead, and socialize explorations of market sectors that align to Viant’s strategic objectives.
- Advise on and assist in development of Viant’s corporate strategy in conjunction with executive management and other company stakeholders, especially with regards to identifying how strategy can be accelerated through acquisitions.
- Maintain Viant’s brand of innovation and excellence through continuing thought leadership/strategic POVs and cadence of stakeholder engagement.
- Develop and maintain a broad network of industry contacts, venture capital investors and financial advisors to assist in understanding market and industry trends and building transaction opportunities.
- Manage and lead the M&A transaction process including financial analysis, valuation and transaction structuring, diligence, and executive and board presentations.
- Help lead negotiations with Viant’s executive management, directly with target management.
- Drive and manage cross functional teams across the organization necessary to diligence and complete deal execution and integration planning.
- In conjunction with M&A integration team, define and coordinate the development of integration plans and assist with post-closing integration execution
- BS/BA degree required – candidates with an MBA preferred
- 15+ years of experience in the cloud software, services and/or advertising tech industry in a corporate development / strategy leadership role
- Experience in management consulting and/or investment banking is a plus
- Proven ability to gain trust and negotiate mutually beneficial business objectives with potential targets and within the organization
- Based in prior experience, has an active strong network of founders, investors, ecosystem partners, and thought leaders to tap into for views on industry trends and market intelligence
- Ability to quickly understand complex issues and develop/apply simplifying frameworks to facilitate broader organizational understanding, decision-making, and action
- Proficient at leveraging analytics, data, financial models, and insights to drive decision-making.
- Excellent project management skills: able to effectively manage multiple ongoing projects to meet deadlines
- Outcome oriented with very strong ability to personally create high quality, customer-facing presentations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exhibits Viant’s company values of Live, Lead, Create and Figure it Out.
- Open to travel as needed to support Corporate Development opportunities
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive Salary and Bonuses
- Paid benefits for the employees: Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life insurance/AD&D
- Paid parental leave
- Health and Wellness programs
- Employee discounts – e.g. gym memberships, wireless plans, entertainment tickets
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Casual Office Atmosphere
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Ongoing Education & Training
- Company Sponsored Events & Team Building Experiences
Viant® is a leading people-based advertising software company that enables marketers and their agencies to centralize the planning, buying and measurement of their advertising investments across most channels. Viant’s self-service Demand Side Platform (DSP), Adelphic®, is an enterprise software platform enabling marketers to execute programmatic advertising campaigns across Connected TV, Linear TV, mobile, desktop, audio and digital out-of-home channels. Viant’s Identity Resolution capabilities have linked 115 million U.S. households to more than 1 billion connected devices and is combined with access to more than 280,000 audience attributes from more than 70 people-based data partners.
We attract top talent to our company and sophisticated customers to our platform in large part because of our vision and unwavering commitment to using cutting-edge technologies to create products that help advance the advertising industry. Based in Irvine, CA, Viant has more than 315 full-time employees in 10 offices around the U.S. Viant was recently recognized by Advertising Age as a Best Place to Work, and Adelphic is featured on AdExchanger’s Programmatic Power Players list. Our team draws from a diverse spectrum of backgrounds and experiences across technology and advertising industries.
Viant is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Viant are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race; color; religion (includes religious beliefs, observance or practice, religious dress or grooming practices); creed; sex; sexual orientation; gender; gender identity or expression; transgender status; pregnancy, childbirth or related condition (including breastfeeding); marital status; national origin; citizenship; military status, veteran status; ancestry, age; physical or mental disability; medical condition (includes cancer or a record or history of cancer), genetic characteristics; or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws, and Viant prohibits harassment based on any such protected basis or characteristics.