Viant® is a leading people-based advertising software company that enables marketers and their agencies to centralize the planning, buying and measurement of their advertising investments across most channels. Viant’s self-service Demand Side Platform (DSP), Adelphic®, is an enterprise software platform enabling marketers to execute programmatic advertising campaigns across Connected TV, Linear TV, mobile, desktop, audio and digital out-of-home channels. Viant’s Identity Resolution capabilities have linked 115 million U.S. households to more than 1 billion connected devices and is combined with access to more than 280,000 audience attributes from more than 70 people-based data partners. Viant is an Advertising Age 2021 Best Places to Work award winner and Adelphic is featured on AdExchanger’s 2021 Programmatic Power Players list. To learn more, visit viantinc.com.
We are a founder-led business and believe our employees and culture are key to our success. Our employees tend to be long tenured for our industry, with average tenure of the leadership team of nearly 12 years and more than 4 years across all employees. Our business and our culture are anchored on four core values that embody our resourceful mentality: “Live,” “Lead,” “Create” and “Figure It Out.” We believe we attract talented employees to our company and sophisticated customers to our platform in large part because of our vision and unwavering commitment to using cutting-edge technologies to create products that help advance the advertising industry. Currently, we have over 350 employees in 11 offices around the United States. Our team draws from a broad spectrum of backgrounds and experiences across technology and advertising industries.
The role of VP, Agency Partnerships will be responsible for creating a vision and strategy for the development and growth of the Agency HoldCo. Reporting directly to the Head of Agency Partnerships, you will drive strategic relationships, in collaboration with Viant cross-functional stakeholders You will provide additional support for ongoing local market seller activities targeting the Agency HoldCo to provide a single, unified strategy and ensure the highest standards of service both to the Agency partner as well as to Viant internal stakeholders.
We are looking for a strategic leader who has a proven record of building and growing Agency relationships, and coordinating multiple teams to achieve growth objectives.
What You Bring:
You are a leader with a proven track record of building and scaling commercial organizations, leading the end-to-end revenue value chain, and actively managing sales productivity for a territory or region. You are a data-led, collaborative, and inspiring leader that drives a performance-driven culture. You have a demonstrated and verifiable track record of team revenue and sales team growth, with an expert understanding of deal cadence and ability to close large, complex deals within Agency HoldCos. Ideally, you have working knowledge of the marketing, adtech, and/or martech ecosystems (digital/programmatic/data targeting/platform/audience-based/cross-device/DSP/DMP),and have established relationships with various leaders/influencers within the Big6 HoldCos.
- Be the entry point to and face of Viant to the Agency HoldCo driving revenue and business transformation outcomes
- Document, support existing and innovative local market activities targeted to the Agency HoldCo
- Identify service offering gaps and communicate back to relevant teams at Viant in order to ensure we are constantly innovating to meet Agency HoldCo needs
- Establish strong working relationships with internal Viant stakeholders and work with them to help orchestrate services as needed
- Establish annual Joint Business Plans and manage the quarterly/annual tracking of KPIs with the Agency HoldCo and communicate across internal Viant stakeholders
- Structure and negotiate Deals designed to drive an equitable partnership for Viant and the Agency HoldCo
- Works closely with senior management to develop the strategy and execution plans for selling Viant’s platform and services across the Agency HoldCo in order to drive profitable growth, increase market share and deliver on company goals.
- Maintain a deep understanding of market competitors, knowledge, and trends, including evolving technologies, client needs, expectations, and opportunities, shifts in the competitive landscape, operational efficiencies, and opportunities and competitive challenges
- Deliver product feedback to Operations leaders to ensure the voice of the Agency HoldCo is recognized
- BA/BS degree
- 12+ years of marketing and/or agency experience in digital, adtech or other relevant activities
- Extensive knowledge of digital marketing ad formats, targeting strategies and measurement systems across the entire digital ecosystem
- A strong leader with a track record working in complex, highly-matrixed, cross-functional environments
- Must be able to influence without authority, and be capable of engaging with numerous senior stakeholders
- Project management skills and great execution, illustrated by strong track record of working in complex cross-functional environments
- Demonstrated ability to set, manage and track against a set of diverse, strategic KPIs
- Extensive high-level relationships (at the MD, SVP/EVP, Head of Digital, C-level) within Agency HoldCos
- Demonstrated strategic, consultative, and analytical sales approach with focus on building partnerships with agencies
- Experience negotiating large, complex deals that meet strategic revenue goals
- Competitive Salary and Bonuses
- Paid benefits for the employees: Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life insurance/AD&D
- Paid parental leave
- Health and Wellness programs
- Employee discounts – e.g. gym memberships, wireless plans, entertainment tickets
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Casual Office Atmosphere
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Ongoing Education & Training
- Company Sponsored Events & Team Building Experiences
About the Employer: Viant Technology
Viant® is a publicly traded (Nasdaq: DSP) people-based advertising software company that enables ad buyers to plan, create, execute, and measure their omnichannel digital advertising investments. The Viant programmatic software is uniquely built on people-based data combining more than 70 people-based data partners to enable scaled and accurate audience targeting and advanced measurement. This allows for targeting consumers using real world identifiers rather than relying on cookies, from which the industry is moving away.
Adelphic® is Viant’s industry-leading omnichannel demand-side platform, empowering marketers and their advertising agencies to plan, execute and measure programmatic advertising campaigns across desktop, mobile, connected TV, linear TV, streaming audio and digital billboards -- in a single platform. Viant customers range across most verticals including automotive, entertainment, business to business, retail, consumer packaged goods, travel and healthcare. The Viant patented technology advances internet-connected household identification and overcomes the limitations of user identification in mobile and across networked devices, yielding rich, nuanced portraits of real consumers.
Based in Irvine, CA, Viant has more than 315 full-time employees in 10 offices around the U.S. Viant was recently recognized by Advertising Age as a Best Place to Work, and Adelphic is featured on AdExchanger’s Programmatic Power Players list. For more information, please see attached or visit us on the web at www.viantinc.com.
Viant is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Viant are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race; color; religion (includes religious beliefs, observance or practice, religious dress or grooming practices); creed; sex; sexual orientation; gender; gender identity or expression; transgender status; pregnancy, childbirth or related condition (including breastfeeding); marital status; national origin; citizenship; military status, veteran status; ancestry, age; physical or mental disability; medical condition (includes cancer or a record or history of cancer), genetic characteristics; or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws, and Viant prohibits harassment based on any such protected basis or characteristics.