Viant® is a leading people-based advertising software company that enables marketers and their agencies to centralize the planning, buying and measurement of their advertising investments across most channels. Viant’s self-service Demand Side Platform (DSP), Adelphic®, is an enterprise software platform enabling marketers to execute programmatic advertising campaigns across Connected TV, Linear TV, mobile, desktop, audio and digital out-of-home channels. Viant’s Identity Resolution capabilities have linked 115 million U.S. households to more than 1 billion connected devices and is combined with access to more than 280,000 audience attributes from more than 70 people-based data partners. Viant is an Advertising Age 2021 Best Places to Work award winner and Adelphic is featured on AdExchanger’s 2021 Programmatic Power Players list. To learn more, visit viantinc.com.
We are a founder-led business and believe our employees and culture are key to our success. Our employees tend to be long tenured for our industry, with average tenure of the leadership team of nearly 12 years and more than 4 years across all employees. Our business and our culture are anchored on four core values that embody our resourceful mentality: “Live,” “Lead,” “Create” and “Figure It Out.” We believe we attract talented employees to our company and sophisticated customers to our platform in large part because of our vision and unwavering commitment to using cutting-edge technologies to create products that help advance the advertising industry. Currently, we have over 350 employees in 11 offices around the United States. Our team draws from a broad spectrum of backgrounds and experiences across technology and advertising industries.
We are looking for a Vice President of Sales, West (VP). Reporting to the SVP of Sales and working closely with the senior management team, the VP is responsible for all regional revenue goals -- driving sales volume, velocity and productivity. Working closely with sales leadership, marketing, operations and product teams, the VP is responsible for collecting market needs to share internally to help shape differentiated go-to-market strategies, deliver an effective end-to-end customer experience, and achieve the company’s revenue performance goals. The VP is accountable for delivering sustainable client and staffing growth while achieving revenue targets for the company.
Greater Los Angeles Area
What You Bring:
You are a leader with a proven track record of building and scaling commercial organizations, leading the end-to-end revenue value chain, and actively managing sales productivity for a territory or region. You are a data-led, collaborative, and inspiring leader that drives a performance-driven culture. You have a demonstrated and verifiable track record of team revenue and sales team growth, with an expert understanding of deal cadence and ability to close big deals across various verticals, omni-channels and customer segments. Ideally, you have working knowledge of the marketing, adtech, and/or martech ecosystems (digital/programmatic/data targeting/platform/audience-based/cross-device/DSP/DMP),and have established relationships with various leaders/influencers within these businesses.
- Responsible for leading, inspiring, building, and scaling the regional sales organization comprised of sales directors, sales managers and sales executives.
- Works closely with senior management to develop the strategy and execution plans for selling Viant’s platform and services across all market segments, verticals and channels in order to drive profitable growth, increase market share and deliver on company goals.
- Translates the sales and marketing strategy into business targets, budgets, and tangible plans.
- Provides strategic leadership, vision, direction, and guidance to the sales team through opportunity development, relationship acquisition, and market growth to meet and exceed sales goals
- Establishes performance measurements, track performance against those measurements and provide constructive feedback for sellers to meet strategic objectives
- Maintain a deep understanding of market competitors, knowledge, and trends, including evolving technologies, client needs, expectations, and opportunities, shifts in the competitive landscape, operational efficiencies, and opportunities and competitive challenges
- Works cross-functionally to implement effective and profitable growth strategies with partners.
- Actively participate in client interaction; assist in negotiation and closing major deals when needed
- Perform all personnel management activities for sales staff, including recruitment, training, performance evaluation and salary management; encourage professional development through job assignments and training
- Evaluate and facilitate changes to sales strategy, sales process, and workflow to deliver maximum sales and profit growth
- Create a high performing, energized, and fun sales team culture, emphasizing reward and recognition
- Deliver product feedback to operations leaders to ensure the voice of the customer is recognized
- Act as a role model and represent Viant with the highest level of integrity, both internally and externally
- 10+ years programmatic/software sales experience with a consistent and demonstrated track record exceeding quota and excelling in a highly competitive digital media market
- 5+ years of progressive sales leadership experience building and managing high performing sales teams to meet and exceed revenue goals
- Experience leading agency, third-party or direct B2B/enterprise field sales and customer/client success teams.
- Extensive high-level relationships (at the MD, SVP/EVP, Head of Digital, C-level) within advertising agencies and brands, and a clear track record of revenue generation and growth.
- Robust understanding of emerging digital media platforms, data targeting, ad serving technologies
- Demonstrated strategic, consultative, and analytical sales approach with focus on building partnerships with agencies, advertisers and brand-owners.
- Experience developing and executing strategies across multiple platforms, including digital, mobile, video, etc.
- Experience negotiating complex deals that meet strategic revenue goals
- Strong ability to forecast revenue and predict market trends across agency and advertiser list
- Excellent aptitude for scaling up and developing high-performance sales teams, including team-building, coaching, motivating, strategic thinking, business acumen, leadership, and sales techniques
- Strong strategic, interpersonal, communication, collaboration, organizational, and time-management skills and ability to execute initiatives within the team and company as well as customers
- Top-notch presentation, negotiation and closing skills
- Resourceful and responsive to change – thrives in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with a strong sense of urgency
- Demonstrates high levels of integrity, judgment, and emotional intelligence.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, or related.
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive Salary and Bonuses
- Paid benefits for the employees: Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life insurance/AD&D
- Paid parental leave
- Health and Wellness programs
- Employee discounts – e.g. gym memberships, wireless plans, entertainment tickets
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Casual Office Atmosphere
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Ongoing Education & Training
- Company Sponsored Events & Team Building Experiences
Viant® is a publicly traded (Nasdaq: DSP) people-based advertising software company that enables ad buyers to plan, create, execute, and measure their omnichannel digital advertising investments. The Viant programmatic software is uniquely built on people-based data combining more than 70 people-based data partners to enable scaled and accurate audience targeting and advanced measurement. This allows for targeting consumers using real world identifiers rather than relying on cookies, from which the industry is moving away.
Adelphic® is Viant’s industry-leading omnichannel demand-side platform, empowering marketers and their advertising agencies to plan, execute and measure programmatic advertising campaigns across desktop, mobile, connected TV, linear TV, streaming audio and digital billboards -- in a single platform. Viant customers range across most verticals including automotive, entertainment, business to business, retail, consumer packaged goods, travel and healthcare. The Viant patented technology advances internet-connected household identification and overcomes the limitations of user identification in mobile and across networked devices, yielding rich, nuanced portraits of real consumers.
Based in Irvine, CA, Viant has more than 315 full-time employees in 10 offices around the U.S. Viant was recently recognized by Advertising Age as a Best Place to Work, and Adelphic is featured on AdExchanger’s Programmatic Power Players list. For more information, please see attached or visit us on the web at www.viantinc.com.
Viant is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Viant are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race; color; religion (includes religious beliefs, observance or practice, religious dress or grooming practices); creed; sex; sexual orientation; gender; gender identity or expression; transgender status; pregnancy, childbirth or related condition (including breastfeeding); marital status; national origin; citizenship; military status, veteran status; ancestry, age; physical or mental disability; medical condition (includes cancer or a record or history of cancer), genetic characteristics; or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws, and Viant prohibits harassment based on any such protected basis or characteristics.