Technical Sales Engineer
We’re looking for a Technical Sales Engineer to partner with Procore’s Account Executive team serving as a trusted resource throughout the sales process. In this highly collaborative role, you’ll supplement Procore product demonstrations with technical knowledge of cloud-based software, infrastructure, and security. You’ll participate in technical demonstrations, answer RFI/RFP and security questionnaires, and successfully position Procore as the leading construction software solution to prospective customers.
This position is based in our headquarters in Carpinteria, CA on the bluffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What you'll do:
- Own the IT level pre-sales process interacting with CIOs, IT VPs and InfoSec teams
- Partner with the sale team throughout the sales process, leveraging extensive technical knowledge to address prospective customers’ technical challenges
- Support and advise Sales Engineers on IT, information security and compliance requests
- Complete immersion and mastery of Procore’s product offerings, business model, services, and emerging technologies
- Collaborate with all levels of the Procore organization to develop best practices, connect prospects and clients with Product Managers and Marketing to further customer success and Procore’s evolution as a market leader
- Manage IT Security Assessments and IT RFP/RFI response sections
- Actively engage with Procore’s Product and Engineering teams around infrastructure and security
- Provide new Account Executives with training, support, and mentorship developing them into Procore experts
What we're looking for:
Construction IT pros looking to transition into a fast-paced software company:
- At least 2 years of experience in an Information Technology, Information Systems role within the construction industry
- Experience using the Procore platform (highly preferred, not required)
- Technology evangelists with a passion for modernizing the construction industry
- SaaS product implementation experience, with preferred knowledge of AWS infrastructure
- Public speaking experience - participation across industry panels, delivering webinars, training, etc.
Tech industry infrastructure expert looking for a new challenge:
- At least 2 years of proven performance in a technical product role with customer engagement or in a pre-sales support role selling a SaaS solution
- Subject-matter expert in communicating client needs during the pre-sales process for the implementation and ongoing management of bug bounty programs
- Understanding of complex B2B web and mobile applications utilized for documentation management, project management, or similar
- Successful completion of information security assessments, including internal/external networks
- Understanding and or strong interest of developing a working knowledge of enterprise technology environments including storage, database, data warehousing, web services based data integration, data analytics, and security
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, flexible paid time off (Procore Values Time), employee enrichment and development programs, and volunteer days.