Strategic Sales Development and RFP Manager at HopSkipDrive
Who we are
HopSkipDrive is the innovator in youth transportation, getting kids to their highest potential by removing mobility barriers, one ride at a time. Our platform is the safe, dependable transportation solution schools and families rely on to get kids where they need to go. Through our proprietary technology and innovative safety measures, our platform provides transportation solutions for school districts and families across the country. In addition, we partner with county governments and non-profits to help ensure educational access for some of our most vulnerable youth. We understand that transportation can be the difference between success and struggle, which is why we’re on a mission to use innovative technology, coupled with operational expertise and new thinking to help kids reach their full potential by providing a safe, dependable way to get them where they are going.
From our founding, when 3 moms came together to develop HopSkipDrive as a solution to their challenges getting their own kids where they needed to go, we have continued to innovate and execute, growing to now serve more than 7 markets across the country. We have driven more than 5 million safe miles while getting 750,000+ kids to more than 6,000 schools. Backed by top tier VCs and strategic investors, and with more than $27M in funding, we’re reinventing youth transportation.
We are based in downtown LA. Our mission, our enormous market potential, our team and the technology challenges we are solving make HopSkipDrive one of LA’s Best Places to Work.
Who you are
You are an A+ player who is looking for a challenging and rewarding experience. You are inspired by the mission we are pursuing and by the opportunity to define a new category in an incredibly fast-moving market. You are excited to bring your best everyday, to learn from those around you and to push hard while contributing to our powerful vision of positively impacting kids’ lives everyday.
At HopSkipDrive, we know that to tackle our toughest challenges, we need different approaches, unique perspectives, and new ways of thinking. We are building a team of creative problem-solvers from many different backgrounds.
You’re a strategic partner to sales teams, with experience refining and optimizing high performing teams’ processes and delivery from RFP through close. You pair curiosity about the customer with a deep understanding of the business to create mutual value through focused, efficient and targeted solutions.
You can flex between storytelling and structure - partnering with leadership to craft the messages and playbook on one day and iterating and improving proposal management on another. You connect the dots and recognize how these efforts contribute directly to our ability to scale and succeed.
With breadth and depth of relevant experience and expertise, you are comfortable in the role of teacher and enthusiastically take on initiatives (e.g. training, skill assessments and quality assurance programs) that elevate the broader teams’ capabilities and outcomes.
As the Strategic Sales Development and RFP Manager, you’ll report to our Head of Strategic Development and be a critical member of the HopSkipDrive team as we enter the next phase of growth.
What you'll do
- Partner to develop a customized and evolving sales strategy, messaging and playbook to equip our teams with the content and tools to meet increasing demand
- Design and build data-driven training and quality assurance programs, analyze the effectiveness and use the insights to continuously iterate the strategy and tactics
- Step into the role of “coach” and offer ongoing guidance and performance improvement instruction to new, growing and high performing team members, raising the collective achievement quarter over quarter
- Drive the strategy and process for RFP responses, working closely with diverse internal stakeholders and incorporating an understanding of the education, co-op and partner landscape
- Manage and report on the status of a high volume of proposals, escalate issues and partner cross-functionally to ensure efforts are directed at the highest potential opportunities, include the relevant requirements and align pricing with revenue goals
What you bring
- 5+ years of sales, training and RFP/proposal experience with progressive growth in each of your roles
- Ability to balance the sales perspective within the broader business context to deliver resonant and targeted processes
- An analytical mindset and ability to incorporate data, reporting and measurement so that efficiency, effectiveness and outcomes are clearly understood and acted upon
- Experience in a high growth technology company and comfort continuously iterating and adapting approaches to the evolving needs of a diverse and growing sales team
- Creativity and a willingness to think bigger, stretch further and challenge conventional thinking about what sales playbooks, training programs and proposal processes should look like
- Demonstrated project management skills and ability to work across functions. You can motivate others without direct reporting lines
- Excitement to mentor our current sales team and desire to build an exceptional team and retain top talent as we scale
What you will get
We want you to be an owner in our company and share in executing our vision, so every full-time employee has equity. In addition, we offer competitive market comp, BYOD technology reimbursement, unlimited vacation, FSA, medical, dental and vision, 401(k), weekly catered lunches, and an opportunity to work for a uniquely positioned, VC-backed company in a hugely attractive space with significant upside potential.