Cameo, one of TIME Magazine's 50 Most Genius Companies and one of the fastest-growing and most exciting tech startups in the world, is looking for passionate and hardworking individuals to help propel Cameo to the next level.
You’ll be joining a team of smart, curious and driven colleagues, and be able to experience a rocket ship from its early days. We want you to be excited about coming to work every day, knowing that the work you dedicate yourself to will have a material impact and will help shape the direction of the next great tech company. We have an amazing culture, and hope you’ll be a part of it!
We’re well-funded (we just raised a $50M Series B led by Kleiner Perkins), we have an awesome team, an unbelievable product & product-market fit. We have all the benefits you’d expect from a rocketship startup. We also have some of the benefits you may not expect: health insurance, 401(k), and opportunities to hang out with the Talent on Cameo.
About the Role:
Your role will be to be to identify talent (celebrities, influencers, athletes, etc) to join Cameo, develop relationships with talent, managers, and agents; and ensure their success on Cameo. If you're the person in your friend group that everybody looks to for the latest pop culture news or the shocking sports stat line from the night before, then this role may just be perfect for you! You should be entrenched in the talent community. You will be based in LA and primarily working out of our Venice office.
How You’ll Crush It:
- Quickly build great relationships with talent through high-volume outreach, in-person meetings, and providing value to everyone you come across.
- Thrive off being in a fast-paced environment where collaboration, communication, and hard work is critical.
- Leverage your experience and relationships as an agent, manager, mover-and-shaker
- Have experience with CRMs (Salesforce, etc), it’s imperative for us to track all activity and outreach.
- Learn to effectively focus on the right people, verticals and relationships.
- Be focused at work and excited about working long hours every day with the team.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills - this is a client-facing role after all, where you’ll constantly be speaking and messaging with celebrities.
- Take intelligent risks in building smart, strategic relationships and partnerships.
- Be confident in sharing your opinions and insight with the team- you’re on the front line after all!
- Be open to traveling 1-2 times a month to events that Cameo is sponsoring (Vidcon, Super Bowl, Sundance, Comicons, etc).
- Always be honest and have a hunger to learn more, beat the competition, and take prideful ownership in everything you do.
- Be ready to ‘always be on’, talent expects excellence and quick communication.
- Have a knack for all things social-media related.
What we hope you'll bring to the table:
- 6+ years in a sales role, ideally with experience in the talent space
- A 4-year university degree.
- Known as a leader on your team; someone that is constantly being tasked with roles or accounts above your pay-grade.
- Experience and confidence in client-facing roles, especially when speaking with senior management.
- Be known in your current job as someone with intellectual curiosity, lack of self-entitlement, a great attitude, a hard worker (first in, last out) and grit.
- Be extremely self-motivated and someone who shuns mediocrity.
- Most importantly, you’re someone that sees the glass half full and is excited to take on new challenges, initiatives, and projects!
Cameo is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our doors. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Cameo celebrates and embraces diversity.