Sr. Director/VP Global Category Sales, Avocados at Apeel Sciences
About This Role
At Apeel Sciences, we look to nature to help the global food system improve quality, reduce waste, and ensure an abundant future for our planet. The Sales team is charged with taking our technology to market and effectively communicating the benefits and value to customers, suppliers, and consumers in order to drive commercial success for the company. We are seeking a dynamic and charismatic Sr. Director /VP Global Category Sales, Avocados who will own and lead all sales efforts for one of our flagship categories. You will scale the category globally, and drive efficiency and productivity as a key member of the department as a whole.
What You’ll Do
- Create a global strategy and pipeline for our flagship avocado category and establish long-term business relationships with targeted supplier partners within the avocado ecosystem.
- Provide comprehensive sales support and product marketing collaboration as the subject matter expert for Apeel on avocados.
- Constantly deliver against quotas ensuring company goals and objectives are met sustainably.
- Partner with sales teams in all global regions and provide sales support for demand creation with prospects, existing accounts and overall avocado revenue opportunities.
- Actively engage cross-functionally with Product, Strategy, Marketing and Operations to address scalability, lead generation, and other challenges and initiatives.
- Accurately forecast monthly, quarterly, and annual global sales revenue.
- Work with Sales Operations and collaborate on structure, processes, dashboards and reports on category performance.
- Prepare budgetary recommendations that meet organizational and departmental goals and provide for effective management of resources.
- Share your experience on best practices internally to build for scale across the global organization
What You Bring
- 10+ years of experience in the avocado industry.
- 5+ years of experience within sales and category management in a high-growth environment and culture.
- A Bachelor’s, advanced degree, or certifications in a business-related field is desired.
- Spanish as a second language is preferred.
- Solid experience with Salesforce, sales tools and other business applications (Slack, Asana, etc.)
- A deep domain expertise in the global avocado ecosystem.
- Proven experience in working cross-functionally in a fast-paced and highly entrepreneurial environment.
- Excellent quota track record and experience leading and closing complex deal negotiations and partnerships.
- Willingness to travel (locally, regionally, internationally) ~ 30% of the time.
- Passion for problem-solving and developing others; excellent organizational and interpersonal skills; presentation skills at C-suite level; and the proven capability to make timely and sound decisions.
- A can-do attitude with the ability to influence others.
Apeel believes that the scale of our impact is determined by the teams that work with us. As such, we seek to build high-performing teams of people from various experiences and backgrounds who can collectively push our company into new realms. We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status. If you have a special need or disability that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Please note that Apeel Sciences does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the event of a recruiter or agency submitting a resume or candidate without a signed agreement being in place, we explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire such candidates without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted directly to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Apeel Sciences.