Sr. Director, Mobile Publisher Development
Open X seeks a Sr. Director of Mobile Publisher Development with significant experience in the mobile and programmatic ecosystem. This executive will represent OpenX to leading mobile app developers and publishers. The focus of their role will be on finding strategic, long term partnership opportunities that leverage the OpenX publisher product suite to drive increased value for the publisher.
This position is an important member of the team that will be expected to leverage deep knowledge of their partners, and the broader mobile publisher ecosystem, to enhance and improve our publisher product suite, refine our value proposition, and improve our understanding of the markets in which we compete. This person will be the CEO of OpenX’s relationship with their assigned publishers and will be expected to be an excellent partner to the other publisher facing teams in OpenX such as Account Management and Sales Engineering.
- Develop a deep knowledge of your publisher partners, their business, and their business objectives. Become the expert within OpenX on these important existing and potential partners
- Identify opportunities to partner with your publisher clients, drive significant value for them, and leverage the strengths of the entire suite of OpenX products
- Lead all aspects of a publisher relationship. This will include executive meetings, business development discussions, contract negotiations, account planning, technology planning, and long term opportunity identification.
- The ability to identify new areas for technical innovation, or iteration, and provide actionable insights to our product and technology teams.
- Strong knowledge and familiarity with Publisher business models, ad serving, ad exchanges, RTB, and mobile ad technologies focused on driving publisher value.
- Experience working with complex business terms, technology integrations, and across an organization.
- Strong set of existing relationships with leading mobile app developers and publishers at the decision-making level preferred.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, strong business judgment and professional distinction in thought leadership and innovation.
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding all goals, developing business development strategy and leading successful partnerships with top tier publishers.
- Ideal candidate will have worked at an ad technology company or one that sells technology to publishers (DFP or Mopub), or publisher development at an Ad Network or Ad Exchange (Smaato, Inneractive, Chartboost, Millennial Media, etc).
- BA/BS degree required, or MBA preferred.
- Superior written, presenting & oral communication skills.
- High energy, self motivated and passionate about working in a fast paced start up environment.
Company at a Glance
OpenX exists to help publishers grow their businesses by monetizing great content. We do this by creating highly efficient, high quality programmatic advertising marketplaces that deliver optimal value to all buyers and sellers of digital advertising.
Today, OpenX operates one of the largest, most efficient and highest quality programmatic markets in the world. Our unified system also encompasses a complete supply side platform that optimizes revenue across network and real-time bidding (RTB) demand, and a comprehensive ad server.
At OpenX we have built a team that is uniquely experienced in designing and operating high-scale programmatic ad marketplaces. We are constantly looking for thoughtful, creative executors who are as fascinated as we are about finding new ways to apply a blend of market design, technical innovation, operational excellence, and empathetic partner service to the frontiers of digital advertising.
We are one
Our customers define us
OpenX is mine
We are an open book
We evolve fast