Sr Account Manager at The Trade Desk
The Trade Desk is changing the way global brands and their agencies advertise to audiences around the world. How? With a media-buying platform that helps brands deliver a more insightful and relevant ad experience for consumers — and sets a new standard for global reach, accuracy, and transparency.
So if you’re talented, driven, creative, and hungry to bring something entirely new and wildly ambitious into the world (and have some fun doing it), then we want to talk.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As a client services pro, you’re comfortable leading the strategy and operations behind growing a portfolio of client accounts. You get excited to solve complex client challenges through creative solutions, product capabilities and innovative marketing strategy. You are able to build long-lasting and credible relationships with key partners and understand how our product solution can solve their business objectives. You’re a self-starter and can set your own priorities while also inspiring the client team toward a common goal.
- Lead a roster of accounts, operating as a “small business owner” to grow clients’ business
- Become an expert on The Trade Desk platform and offer insights to clients on how to implement creative marketing strategies
- Collaborate effectively with the Sales & Trading functions to develop existing accounts and achieve client goals and objectives
- Develop and cultivate relationships with agency clients as a consultant to their business
- Own the training plan for onboarding new clients, continuing programmatic education, platform improvements, and new channels and markets within the industry
- Able to lead, not just manage tasks; develop the skills and knowledge base of newer and more junior account managers as a mentor
- Represent client needs by providing feedback to Product Management and Partnerships to identify and define features, integrations and product improvements to The Trade Desk platform
- Develop standard methodologies within Client Services, collaborate with Product Marketing to develop effective training collateral and customer facing guides, and train and onboard new Account Managers
- Excellent troubleshooting, analytical, and problem-solving abilities, along with an ability to collaborate cross-functionally in a dynamic environment
- Consistent track record of growing accounts by developing a strong relationship with clients, understanding their business objectives and recommending the best strategies for implementing solutions
- Effective time management skills – ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year university
- At least 5 years of client-facing experience required
- Expertise in working online advertising or a SAAS platform a plus
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (written and verbal) and confidence speaking to large groups
- Past experience in mentorship roles either personally or professionally preferred
- Solid experience in Excel and MS Office and ability to use large data sets to build insights and strategy recommendations
The Trade Desk will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Ordinance No. 184652
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.