Solutions Engineer at Apeel Sciences
About This Role
At Apeel Sciences, we look to nature to help the global food system improve quality, reduce waste, and ensure an abundant future for our planet. We are looking for a Sales Engineer to join our growing team. Sales Engineers will provide pre- and post-sale technical and engineering support to customers as they help the customer to understand how Apeel will integrate into their facilities, processes, and procedures and define the scope of engagements as they start or grow their use of Apeel‘s products. As a part of Apeel‘s customer prioritization processes, the Sale Engineer will also generate estimates for cost and feasibility of delivering product to the customer as well as define heuristics and estimating tools for others to use. This role will work closely with the Technical, Engineering and Revenue functions to ensure that the customer understands the benefits and limitations of the product and that Apeel understands the technical requirements necessary to meet customer expectations.
What You’ll Do
- Develop a strong knowledge Apeel’s operating model and technology to scope projects and secure the resources within Apeel to meet our customer's requirements and be capable of articulating the details, requirements, and benefits of the product and process required to use them. Develop a comprehensive knowledge of Apeel technologies and capabilities and use this knowledge to deliver solutions to customers.
- Author, edit, and review Customer Proposals that define the scope, details, and responsibility breakdown of how Apeel’s technology and operations will be integrated into customer’s businesses.
- Understand customers operating and business model and KPIs to be able to prepare sales and onboarding materials including analyses and presentations to ensure the customer understands how Apeel will impact their most important KPIs and metrics in their environment.
- Document, detail, and communicate the technical requirements for Apeel‘s product and equipment necessary for the customer to see value and provide context for the value of those features and requirements to inform current and future research and development.
- Travel to and meet with farms, packing houses, greenhouses, and distribution facilities to generate customer technical & operational profiles as well as feasibility and cost assessment for individual opportunities
- Identify opportunities for improvement and growth in customer operations (such as volume growth or cost reduction) and develop plans for how Apeel can address them and secure customer buy-in.
- Support other Revenue and Product staff in their sales or information gathering processes to bring in new leads, evaluate opportunities, or close contracts.
- Maintain a strong relationship with the Technical and Engineering teams to ensure the current benefits and limitations of the technology as well as the near and long term development pipeline.
What You Bring
- 3 – 7 Years working in a pre-sales design, technical sales, advisory, or product management role preferably with an industrial operations or manufacturing customer base.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or equivalent professional or military experience required
- Strong understanding of industrial engineering, logistics, supply chain, and inventory planning especially as it relates to typical operational KPIs, cost centers, or operational flexibility
- Experience with data-driven planning, building models or operating forecasts and explaining those plans and models to customers, colleagues and others
- Is personable. Holds very strong business acumen with emphasis on relationship management, presentation and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively visualize, understand, and persuasively communicate, at multiple levels, what Apeel can bring to customers and often to suppliers.
- Passion for innovative technologies that resolve important problems for our world. Tech savvy - comfortable working with and learning new applications.
- A "roll-up-your-sleeves", effective attitude and agile enough to be strategic and hands-on enough to ensure execution of strategy and connection with customers / employees.
- Outstanding communication skills. A collaborative style that demonstrates confidence, assertiveness, sound judgment. The ability to quickly develop relationships and generate trust with stakeholders. High emotional intelligence, political discernment, and sensitivity.
- Unquestionable integrity, curiosity, energy, and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Bilingual with fluency in Spanish is highly desirable.
- Up to 60% travel (domestic and international) on the average.
Apeel believes that the scale of our impact is determined by the teams that work with us. As such, we seek to build high-performing teams of people from various experiences and backgrounds who can collectively push our company into new realms. We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status. If you have a special need or disability that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Please note that Apeel Sciences does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the event of a recruiter or agency submitting a resume or candidate without a signed agreement being in place, we explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire such candidates without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted directly to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Apeel Sciences.