Key Outcomes for the Role
- Key Account Exansion: this person will quickly dive in and drive significant measurable growth in existing account annual billings by uncovering and winning net new projects and opportunities by forming new relationships with innovative & influential executives (often in other departments), facing high-value problems, at high-value moments in time.
- Impact Cases: This person will help originate new case studies that achieve widespread recognition for Sidebench and our clients partners within first 12 months by originating innovative new project opportunities, product expansions, partnership deals, etc. that drive measurable social and/or bottom line impact for clients & internal investments
- Portfolio Margin: By maintaining high client satisfaction, staying ahead of Account risks, communicating & collaborating with the Delivery team, and leveraging our hybrid staffing model (SME’s, Contractors, Partner firms), this role plays a key part in supporting healthy margins on our active projects portfolio and is responsible for using these wins to partner on net new projects.
- Sales Enablement: Actively build meaningful relationships with client partners and prospects by creating opportunities to add value at every turn, retelling our ‘success stories’, and by showcasing our work in compelling and inspiring ways. Examples of our ‘success stories’ include: helping our partners achieve business milestones, award wins & industry recognition for Sidebench, investing in startups, supporting purpose-driven organizations, collaborating through unexpected partnerships, etc.
- Partnership and Connector Referral Channels: This role will source net new client partner accounts and deals by establishing and nurturing relationships with industry connectors and maintaining consistent engagement with existing channel partnerships.
Client Relations Responsibilities
- Establish deep credibility in an area that aligns with our value propositions
- Listen, understand, and strategically engage with referrals and key decision-maker contacts to build professional and personal relationships that lead to new opportunities
- Transform regular client partner accounts into key accounts by strategically offering and sharing new opportunities with said partners
- Find opportunities to surprise and delight our clients at every turn
- Strategically plot out client relationships and map out key milestones and inflection points where we’ll be able to offer new opportunities
- Create and effectively design new service offerings that better meet our clients needs than our existing offerings and frameworks
Process Design and Analysis of Best Practices Responsibilities
- Standardize our Account Management practices at Sidebench and act as a key player in making sure standard practices are followed
- Analyzation and improvement of our current best practices, our areas of improvement, and other key elements of our day to day Account Operations
- Ability to zoom out and critique and improve our current standards and processes
Process Management and Collaboration Responsibilities
- Act as an accountability layer for more junior employees and always lead by example when it comes to exemplary performance
- Collaborate with the delivery team and others on the business development team regularly and become a key mentor and source of knowledge within this vertical
- Ability to effectively and efficiently train others on learnings, findings, and best practices that you’ve uncovered
- 4+ years of experience in client services account management, strategy, and/or business development within a consultancy, agency or startup environment
- Strong experience and fluency in the world of custom software solutions, product strategy/design/technical concepts, or experience in a similar kind of professional services focused on creative product development experience in healthcare & healthtech or systems integration is a plus
- Hunger to learn quickly, high energy, ability to think on your toes, and motivation to be a key team member within a short period of time with the company
- Strong project management skillset and proven ability to motivate proper resources in a thoughtful and timely manner
- Ability to work with C-Level executives and ask the difficult questions to qualify opportunities
- Passionate about building meaningful relationships that are mutually beneficial at their core
- Genuine urge hunt for problems that need to be solved and the ability to qualify those opportunities as potential new business for Sidebench
- A servant leader and you’re able to build rapport with internal teams; a team-oriented culture champion
- Proven track record of solving complex problems using your knowledge of consulting, technology, partner ecosystem to achieve business outcomes
- Someone with a balance of confidence, humility, creativity, a team player mentality, and a positive attitude
- Experience in designing and driving client workshops, hackathons, community events, or webinars is a plus