Senior Manager of Partnerships at Leaf Group
Leaf Group is looking for a Senior Manager of Partnerships to join our Leaf Group team at our Santa Monica office.
A big vision calls for a big job. As we grow, our need for a Senior Manager of Partnerships grows with us.
Leaf Group Ltd. is a diversified consumer internet company that builds enduring, creator-driven brands that reach passionate audiences in large and growing lifestyle categories, including fitness and wellness (Well+Good, Livestrong.com and MyPlate App), and art and design (Saatchi Art, Society6 and Hunker). For more information about Leaf Group, visit www.leafgroup.com.
We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. We look for proactive, accountable people focused on continuous learning and growth to push themselves and our business forward. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
You’ll Report To: SVP, Partnerships
A typical day as a Senior Manager of Partnerships might include:
- Close revenue-generating partnerships for Leaf Group’s art and design platforms: Society6, The Other Art Fair, and Saatchi Art
- Develop long-term relationships with brands seeking to engage consumers in art and design
- Meet and exceed goals through off-the-shelf and customized marketing tools and materials; strategic development of sponsorship opportunities; and key messaging for ad trade PR
- Identify and qualify potential prospects in the art and design categories
- Attend pitch meetings to present/sell-in marketing proposals to agencies and clients
- Work with the art and design teams to execute partnership deals to exceed the expectations of our brand partners
- Understand the demographics and psychographics of our audiences and articulate its value to brands
- Manage a sales funnel and report progress, efforts, and developments in an assigned territory
You'll be successful if you hit your revenue goal by bringing in partners who align with the The Other Art Fair, Society6, and Saatchi Art brands. And if you also do your best to provide value to each of their audiences.
What You Have:
- 5+ years experience in brand partnerships and sales
- Proven history of closing deals and meeting sales targets
- Experience in art/design and event sponsorship sales preferred
- In-depth knowledge of latest trends in media, art, design, and cultural events preferred
- Strong relationships with marketers and ad agency personnel
- An ability to travel when needed
- Strong communications skills: Presentation, Written, and Listening
- Must have a network of contacts at key agencies/brands with the ability to secure meetings with media directors, marketers, supervisors, and planners
- Able to collect data, generate strategic insights, and formulate a compelling sales story from data
- Managing a large prospect list effectively
- Advanced negotiation skills
- Familiarity with art and design platforms and publications
- Bright, energetic, collaborative, goal-oriented personality
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Not afraid to wear multiple hats - no job being too small or too large.
- We're casual and informal but we work hard and work responsibly. A pleasant and supportive demeanor goes a long way.
What We Have:
- Well+Good is the 2019 People's Choice winner of the Webby’s Award for Best Lifestyle Brand
- eHow is the 2019 People's Choice and official Webby Winner for Social Video/How To-DIY
- Leaf Group is among the 2019 Built In LA Best Companies To Work For
- Leaf Group is among Comparably's 2018 Best Companies in Los Angeles
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages (i.e., Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, 401K)
- Discounted gym memberships
- Paid-to-play vacation rewards
- Discretionary unlimited vacation time
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.