Senior Director, Venue Sales at Boingo Wireless
COVID-19 update: Yes, Boingo is hiring! Through our vast footprint of wireless networks, Boingo helps the world stay connected to the people and things they love. Our mission is as important now, as ever.
The health, happiness, and welfare of our team – current and future teammates – is our top concern. Therefore, we’re conducting our “in-person” interviews via video. Social distancing can prove the power of virtual connection. We can still get to know one another, while following the latest public health recommendations. So, connect today, and help us continue to connect the world with the people and things they love.
Sr. Director, Venue Sales
Boingo is the leading indoor wireless solution provider focused on acquiring and retaining big venues with large audiences through multi-year contracts. The Senior Director will lead the team responsible for generating over $100M in revenue-generating contracts with major US wireless carriers (Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint) including DAS, small cells, roaming, and towers.
With 5G quickly becoming the new standard, the wireless business is poised to grow as more and more mobile data is consumed in and around airports, stadiums, arenas, office buildings, hospitals and military bases. The right candidate will help us capitalize on the growing demand for Boingo services, in a market that is dynamic and incredibly competitive. Naturally, adaptability, agility, and speed to market are essential, and we’ve got the products and the team to support your deft sales leadership
To be successful in this role, the Senior Director must:
- Have existing corporate contacts and an established reputation within the wireless ecosystem including key contacts at large public venues
- Strategically sell Boingo’s suite of services at various technical levels, including VP, and SVP, and C-Level.
- Experience driving the development of large-scale partnership opportunities in wireless
- Previous sales management responsibility for a team with quotas/goals greater than $20M
- Directly negotiate, structure, and sign revenue generating contracts in excess of $5M
- Work cross-functionally with Finance, Product, Engineering and Operations to drive business improvements to align with the wireless ecosystem
- Market Boingo brand and expand existing product suite within wireless carriers via professional contacts, industry conferences, educational, and networking events.
- Review and modify existing operating plan to determine business, financial and strategic viability of focused opportunities within the first 60 days.
- Implement strategic plan to ensure business objectives are met, sales forecasting and pipeline management are in place within the first 90 days.
- Establish presence in the wireless community as key Boingo executive responsible for this line of business through in person meetings with key customers within each carrier in the first 180 days.
- Execute business plan with expectation of 20%+ growth annually with immediate impact on current year goals
- 5-7+ years of business development experience, preferably in the telecom or commercial real estate, with proven record in managing teams responsible for signing large deals.
- 3-5+ years of sales management experience with high performing teams and the ability to identify and grow talented salespeople.
- Proven track record of closing large deals (>$5M) and regularly meeting or exceeding quota.
- Ability to manage and forecast a pipeline of 500+ opportunities.
- Ability to negotiate and execute contracts by leveraging cross-functional resources.
- Strong understanding of wireless ecosystem and 5G technologies including mmWave, CBRS, LTE, and Wi-Fi.
- Proficient working knowledge of the telecommunications industry & landscape.
- Capacity to work independently and adapt to Boingo’s fast-paced and dynamic culture.
- Proven leadership - with references.
- Possess excellent organizational skills, strong attention to detail and self-management driven by results.
- Willingness to travel up to 60% of the time
Boingo Wireless, Inc. (NASDAQ: WIFI) helps the world stay connected. Our vast footprint of Wi-Fi and cellular networks covers more than a million locations and reaches over a billion consumers annually – in places as varied as airports, stadiums, military bases, and multifamily communities. The Boingo platform drives revenue through various products, including Wi-Fi, DAS (cellular), Media, Wholesale, and more.
We’re an enthusiastic team, dedicated to growing our business by building amazing, valuable products. Boingo boasts a super-fun, collaborative work environment, with an annual pool tournament, Halloween costume contest, summer picnic, bowling nights, and more. There’s a kitchen stocked with yummy snacks and drinks, and a well-appointed new mother’s lounge. We offer an incredible benefits package, including unlimited vacation, parental leave, health, dental, vision, 401(k) match, equity, and more. And, our award-winning headquarters, located in Westwood, CA, has 360-degree views of LA, from Catalina to the Hollywood Sign. It’s no wonder we’ve been named among the Best Places to Work in LA five years in a row and counting!
Boingo is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.