Senior Director, Business Development & Partnerships at LegalZoom
Sr. Director Business Development & Partnership Responsibilities
LegalZoom is looking for a highly passionate, talented and proven leader to join the Business Development and Partnership team. LegalZoom’s mission ‘Democratize Law’ means bringing equitable access to all and making the complex simple – a big part of this is removing the barriers and making it easy and affordable to start a business. LegalZoom has helped millions of customers become business owners by enabling them to make it ‘official’ with business formation such as an LLC or Incorporation. These SMBs also look to LegalZoom to help them take the next steps on their journey, such as getting the right business licenses, opening a business checking account or creating a website for their new business – this is where our curated, trusted partner ecosystem intersects with the LZ customer experience, enabling LZ to deliver those customer needs via Strategic Partners.
This leader, reporting to the Chief Partnerships Officer, will shape the strategy and priorities to drive business growth by creating and growing the partner ecosystem that helps SMBs start, manage and grow their business. The ideal candidate will be a tenured leader with experience building and leading teams responsible for partner strategy, execution and management as well as thrive in a fast-paced environment with a proven record on delivering benefit for customers and partners while delivering business results.
- Create and execute partner strategy and roadmap based on overall LegalZoom priorities as well as market dynamics
- Define, build and own adoption of Partner offerings across the LZ Partner Ecosystem
- Expert at working within matrixed organization in partnership with product, marketing and technology teams to deliver results
- Establish and build meaningful relationships as the executive and manage C-suite relationships with partners to help deliver mutually beneficial products and services to our customers
- Build, develop, retain and motivate a world-class, highly engaged business development and partner management team
- Create and deliver a scalable business development lifecycle in partnership with Product, Marketing and other key stakeholders including strategy/planning, pipeline development, prospecting, outreach, terms negotiation, contract drafting, and implementation and ongoing partner management.
- 15+ years of work experience, including 10+ years of related business development and strategic account management experience, SMB experience a plus
- An energy amplifier who is an expert at operating across multiple teams, projects and workstreams using critical thinking, creativity and thought leadership
- Exceptional -building skills — with experience developing strong working relationships at all levels of management, both inside and outside LegalZoom
- An expert collaborator among multiple stakeholders and disciplines internally and externally to ensure success of company objectives by calibrating goals, influencing roadmaps and team deliverables, and ensuring accountability and communication flow
- Results and detail oriented, with commercial/business acumen and a bias for action
- Ability to be nimble and execute within a complex and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Experience with defining, developing and leading large programs in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Experience building, managing and retaining a team of diverse talent as well as creating a culture of innovation, accountability and a commitment to achieving results
- Experience with partnerships, strategy, product and/or product marketing within the SMB market
- Expert at forming and articulating contractual, technical, financial and strategic value with partners and internal teams
- Strong project management ability, capable of leading multiple time-sensitive cross-functional projects