Senior Revenue Accountant
Join Boingo Wireless as a Senior Accountant! Primary responsibilities include revenue accounting, customer billing, and collections responsibilities. We're a rapidly-growing public company in Westwood! We are an amazing, close-knit, highly-qualified accounting team. If you’re dedicated to your career, want to be appreciated and given room to grow, join Boingo!
- Revenue accounting including the following:
- Billing and invoice generation including proper and timely submission of such invoices in accordance with the customer’s invoicing requirements and/or policies
- Researching and resolving payment discrepancies
- Reviewing and analyzing customer contracts
- Preparing and maintaining deferred revenue and revenue recognition schedules in accordance with U.S. GAAP
- Customer collection activities including active and timely pursuit of collection of outstanding accounts receivable balances and recommending reserves and/or write-offs of customer account balances to management
- Preparing invoice adjustments / credit memos / debit memos / refunds, and accounts receivable / sales / bad debt journal entries
- Completing the monthly financial statement close in a timely manner related primarily to accounts receivable and revenue accounting
- Assisting with fulfillment of audit requests from external auditors and other third parties
- Preparing account reconciliations and investigating and resolving reconciling differences
- Performing and/or preparing ad hoc analysis, tasks and reports
- Establishing and maintaining effective and cooperative working relationships with customers
- Supervising Staff Accountants/Accounting Clerks, where required
- Performing other duties as assigned to support the Accounts Receivable team
- Ensuring compliance with internal controls and policies and procedures to support the rapid growth and expansion of the company in accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Driving process improvements to improve quality and efficiency, and identifying opportunities for cost savings
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Preferred active or inactive U.S. CPA with 2+ years of public accounting experience
- Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP accounting principles with a strong working knowledge of revenue recognition
- Excellent project management, oral communication, problem solving, analytical and written skills
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism and assertiveness when communicating with customers
- Excellent attention to detail required
- Ability to work independently and to adapt to a fast-changing environment, with a sense of responsibility and urgency
- Advanced level Microsoft Excel skills
- 4+ years of private accounting experience
- Preferred 2+ years of accounts receivable and/or revenue accounting experience
- Accounting experience in Mobile Internet, e-commerce, digital advertising, telecommunications or Wi-Fi related industries are desirable
- Experience with Oracle Cloud preferred
Boingo Wireless, Inc. (NASDAQ: WIFI) helps the world stay connected. Our vast footprint of Wi-Fi and cellular networks reaches more than a billion consumers annually. From airports and stadiums to universities and military bases, Boingo helps folks stay connected to the people and things they love.
Our team is creative, collaborative, and on the cutting edge of technology. (You can check out some of the awards we’ve won here. #humblebrag). But there’s no doubt the “secret sauce” to Boingo’s success is our incredible team and culture. We take pride in having fun and staying healthy – think summer picnics, bowling nights, in-house yoga classes, costume contests, massages and food trucks. There’s also a kitchen stocked with yummy snacks and drinks, and an incredible benefits package including equity, health, dental, vision, 401(k) match, unlimited vacation, 12 weeks paid parental leave, and more! Plus our award-winning headquarters in Westwood boasts 360-degree views of LA, from Catalina to the Hollywood Sign. It’s no wonder we’ve been named among the Best Places to Work in LA four years in a row!
Boingo is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.