Salesforce Administrator at ChowNow
Specifically, you will:
- Use your Salesforce administration expertise to design and execute solutions for new strategic projects while supporting incoming production requests.
- Work directly with stakeholders to understand their pain points and develop solutions in Salesforce and its ecosystem of integrations and installed packages.
- Support the migration to Lightning UI by proposing and implementing best in class Lightning sales and service console features that solve the most pressing operational pain points.
- Configure the Salesforce platform across standard and custom objects using advanced declarative development, process builder, data loader, and Lightning components.
- Triage production support requests and unblock issues impacting operations.
- Document, test, and demo your solutions in bi-weekly sprint reviews.
- Discover processes that can be automated to enrich the user experience for our end-users and customers, then design and execute elegant solutions.
- Support the development team by balancing out of the box declarative development with best practices for customization.
- Contribute as a valued team member to our culture of mutual respect, productivity, diversity, and continuous learning.
Within 1 Month You’ll:
- Complete the ChowNow onboarding camp to gain a deep understanding of our mission, customers, and business.
- Shadow each stakeholder department, gaining an understanding of the ChowNow business workflow in Salesforce and our ecosystem of integrated applications.
- Begin attending regular prioritization and requirements meetings as part of the Business Systems team.
- Start contributing to sprints by completing your first declarative development tasks.
- Complete a deep dive review of our Salesforce customizations and end to end system flows.
Within 3 Months You’ll:
- Participate as an active team member by taking ownership of enhancement requests in our bi-weekly sprints.
- Assume responsibility for production support at least one day a week by triaging issues and responding to users who need assistance.
- Gain a detailed understanding of the current state of Salesforce at ChowNow and take ownership of a functional area such as Sales automation, Service Console, or one of our highly adopted custom objects.
- Contribute to at least one strategic Salesforce project while demonstrating the completion of your first enhancements to stakeholders.
- Document and demo a solution(s) you’ve developed to our bi-weekly sprints.
Within 6 Months You’ll:
- Become a trusted partner to the business by solving some of the most common pain points causing friction for our users or customers.
- Contribute to the successful completion of Lightning migration.
- Own the end to end process for your assigned user stories; from requirements through unit testing and release.
- Work with stakeholders to solve at least one pain point in the Sales, Customer Support, or Growth Marketing process.
You Should Apply If:
- You have 3+ years of experience as a Salesforce Administrator, with a focus on Sales Optimization, Service Console and Lightning UI.
- You are a Certified Salesforce Administrator. (Advanced Admin, Sales Cloud, Service Cloud and/or Community Cloud certifications preferred)
- You are an expert on Salesforce advanced process builder, flows, data management and Lightning components.
- You possess advanced skills in creating Salesforce reports and dashboards.
- You have demonstrated experience guiding Sales teams through internal processes in Salesforce.
- You are comfortable working directly with stakeholders to define and architect solutions that solve and help ChowNow scale.
- You love being part of a team but have the ability to work independently and autonomously.
- You have the ability to multitask and prioritize between the strategic and the urgent.
- You have experience with the varied ecosystem of Salesforce connected apps and integrations such as DocuSign, Stripe, NetSuite, RingDNA, Xactly, LeanData, etc.
- You have a strong desire to learn and advance your skills to developer or solution architect.
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities.
- A "Best Place to Work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans.
- Mental Health Coverage - we offer several programs to support your mental health and wellness goals.
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 6 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 6 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave.
- 401(k) Matching.
- Employer-contributing student loan assistance program.
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool).
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan.
- Pet insurance for your fur babies
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series.
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion).
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly.
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable.
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap.