Sales Development Representative
PatSnap is the world’s leading IP Analytic and Management platform that empowers senior business leaders to accelerate growth through Innovation and R&D. IP and patent strategy is now a major board level priority – our product solves a real and growing problem globally. Our differentiation is the reason behind the company’s exponential growth. PatSnap technologies make patent intelligence more accessible to non-IP proficient business users and provide intuitive analytics, making our products usable and sticky. Our market is limitless because patent strategy is relevant to all businesses ranging from NASA to PepsiCo.
PatSnap has been commercially active since July 2007, we now employ over 500 people worldwide and through funding we continue to scale rapidly. We have offices in Singapore, China, London and Los Angeles.
The role of the Sales Representative is to set up commercial opportunities for PatSnap into any company that creates idea’s or needs to protect their Intellectual Property.
There are no parameters around companies that need to protect their IP, meaning that this solution can be sold globally into any vertical. Based out of the Santa Monica office selling predominantly into the US. Successes have been from IT & Telecoms, Government, FMCG, Pharmaceutical and Energy however PatSnap can be sold in to any market – that is down to the individual to show entrepreneurial skill and harness this opportunity.
The position will be selling into senior business decision makers dealing with the largest organisations globally to create new business and expand on these accounts.
- Identify and research target companies within the market place using independent research
- Use of Social Media and Social Selling to drive awareness and interest from potential prospects
- Intelligent execution of email correspondence to engage senior level executives to raise interest levels of PatSnap tools
- Initiate outbound cold calls to prospective clients at Senior Vice President and Executive levels
- Consistently move the prospect along the sales process to engage with a product demonstration or meetings
- Present key benefits while focusing on customer needs
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Drive – motivated by success, passionate and highly driven to achieve targets.
- Intelligence – learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
- Work Ethic – possess a strong willingness to work hard and sometimes long hours to get the job done, has a track record of working hard.
- Persistence – demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the extra mile.
- Creativity/Innovation – Generates new and innovative approaches to problems.
- Listening Skills – lets others speak and seeks to understand their viewpoints
- Openness to criticism and ideas- often solicits feedback and reacts calmly to criticism or negative feedback
- Teamwork – Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
- Emotional Intelligence – the ability to keep calm under pressure
- Persuasion – Able to convince others to pursue a course of action.
- Entrepreneurial flair
- Honesty/Integrity – does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust and maintains confidences. Does what is right, not just what is politically expedient. Speaks plainly and truthfully.
- Efficiency – able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
- Communication – Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative. Maintains this standard in all forms of written communication including email.