Sales Associate (Experienced) at Better.com
How is better.com Better?
We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re making homeownership simpler, faster — and most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what it’s like to buy and own a home in this country, we’re building things that don’t exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We funded over $692 million in home loans last month
- Over $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in 2016
- 2 years running, we’re one of Crain’s “Best Places to work”
- We’re #11 on Fortune’s 2020 Best Places to Work in Financial Services
- And #964 on Inc.’s 2019 “5000 Fastest-Growing Companies”
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn and we’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank. Plus, our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, and others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire home buying journey.
A Better opportunity:
Beyond producing high quality loans, our goal is to build a product that will ultimately reduce the cost of homeownership in America. With offices in New York, California, Charlotte, and Gurgaon, we are quickly expanding in order to deliver a delightful borrower experience through a combination of technology and people. At better.com, you will have a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing team and you will play a critical role in delivering on the Better mission.
From the start of our customer’s homeownership journey, our sales team serves as the primary point of contact from the initial application and exploration stage until their loan is locked in. Our sales organization is a dynamic team of Customer Experience Associates (entry), Loan Consultant Associates (mid-level), and Loan Consultants (advanced). All roles are equally essential to the success of the organization.
As a Loan Consultant Associate (LCA), your focus will be in both sales and customer experience. You are the first point of contact with the customers once they fill out an application. You will serve as a liaison between Better and our customers to determine their needs, qualifications, and recommend the right loan products to help meet their goal. The homeownership journey is not easy, so we expect our LCAs to be empathetic and compassionate to help guide our customers through the process. You will be engaging with potential customers (warm leads) that have an intent to explore with us via phone calls, emails and text messaging. Finally, in this role, you will be able to expand your knowledge not only in the mortgage industry, but also in various sales strategies. Success is when our customers walk away with the best rate, and a wonderful customer experience.
Note: This role may require some weekend availability.
Responsibilities will include:
- Getting on the phone and interacting with interested prospective customers
- Working with our sales teams to build a pipeline of customers
- Educating customers on what it takes to buy a home and partnering with them to make it happen
- Taking a consultative approach in helping customers overcome issues and achieve their goals
- Providing the best customer experience possible, which in turn will help you convert potential customers to Better customers
- Desire to help each consumer with the most important financial transaction of their life
- Ability to think critically and problem solve complex scenarios
- Enthusiastic about ensuring a great consumer experience
- Self-motivated, competitive against your own personal goals
- A go-getter, scrappy & creative thinker
- High degree of personal integrity and work ethic
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Desire to crush it
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion: If you don’t get excited about helping people get into and stay in the home of their dreams then this simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion: You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making: Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.