SaaS SDR Team Lead
What is the opportunity?
You’ll help us set up, train, and strategize around our new SaaS product team. You will be an instrumental part of the group’s development and growth, so we’re looking for someone who has experience as an SDR, or experience setting up an SDR team.
Your job will be to create a “start-up within a start-up,” and help us hire and train SDRs. Our company is now three years old, and we’ve become the #1 company in the nano-influencer space, but we’re expanding from traditional media sales to a monthly SaaS platform, where clients can run their own campaigns within our system. Think the Facebook ad platform, but for nano-influencers.
How does it work? Our clients sign up for a free trial, and then onboard themselves to our platform. When our inbound SDRs see someone who signs up who might be a great paid client, it will be their job to email, phone, or even text them to get a meeting - whatever it takes!
We need someone who is confident in their ability to lead a team of SDRs and help us get this this system up and running. Our product is in a great place, and we’re eager to invest in this arm of our business - can you help us lead it?
This role entails an base salary, plus commission based on your and your SDR team’s ability to set up meetings and convert them into paid clients. You’ll also be eligible for medical, dental, and vision benefits, as well as the other office perks! We have unlimited time off, and our office hours are 9-6, which is rare for a startup of our size! Best of all, every single employee in our company receives stock options, so you’re truly invested in the company’s success.
- Assist the COO in creating SaaS sales materials like scripts and playbooks
- Assist the COO in the hiring process for 2-3 SDRs in the next few months
- Dive in yourself, learn the clients, and sell yourself too so you know the process inside and out
- Take the lead on training, tracking, and motivating the progress of your team
- Work with the marketing team to make sure your SDRs are getting enough leads, being quantitative about lead tracking
- Hit your monthly goals for meetings and converting free trials
- Help us build the culture and contribute to Heartbeat’s growth overall
What Qualities Are We Looking For?
- Curious and excited to learn (and teach us!)
- Competitive, but have a positive attitude
- Approachable. You enjoy talking to and meeting new people
- Highly organized and quantitative. You’re not afraid to track things in excel or Google Sheets. You like setting up new trackers and making sure people stick to them.
- Someone who keeps you word, show up on time, you’re ethical, you’re honest
- Not afraid to bring new ideas to the table, and not afraid to help others
- Excited about learning about startups and wants to learn the bigger picture of growing a business. Not a requirement, but maybe you even want to start your own company one day!
- A college graduate, with strong written and verbal skills (double-check your resume and cover letter for grammar and spelling, please!)
- Previously an SDR manager, or 2+ years experience as an SDR at a well-run organization, and can help us set up our team similarly
What happens if you succeed?
- You’ll have an incredible resume bullet point - setting up a SaaS sales team from scratch!
- You’ll be eligible for a raise at your 1-year anniversary
- You’ll have helped a growing company hit its sales targets, and we’ll have successfully raised another round of funding!
We can't wait to meet you!